This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 9 ULTIMATE - How many computer with the licence

Sybrgreen

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:25:59 am

Hello all !

The question is in the title ! I bought Zorin OS 9 Ultimate Edition and I want to know how many computer I can use with my licence ? I guess only one, but i'm not sure !

Thanks for answers.

Swarfendor437

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:40:16 am

Hi, As with most paid for GNU/Linux distributions you will receive support for the principal machine that you install it to - you may install it to others but you will not receive official support for those other machines, i.e., Zorin Help Desk.

Sybrgreen

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:59:35 am

Hello,

Thanks you for your fast answer ! I have some others question : What is the definition of principal machine ? The first one I installed the OS and who got online ? Or the one I decide ?

Im new to Linux, I had problem in installing it into a brand new hard drive. So i followed this tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHt3jij63o4 . The tutorial explain how to install Zorin in dual boot with windows 8. I don't dual boot, the hard drive is new, there is only ZORIN OS. But I had problem like "grub failed to install". With that tutorial all worked good.

I say that to warn you how I installed Zorin, because I didn't had to enter any key when I installed the OS and even when I got online with it.

So do I need to enter the key I received on my email somewhere on the computer to make it "the principal" ? (windows old habits sorry for newbism :p).

EDIT : and is my Zorin os installation is good (according to the youtube video ?)

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:44:30 pm

Hi, the principal machine basically will be the one you will use Zorin on the most frequent basis. If you ever need remote help then it may be picked up that way? I really don't know but stick with what I stated at the start of this reply. If everything is working then your install should be fine. ;) :D