This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED for now] Use Superkey to Open Zorin Menu

pingpong1109

Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:36:30 am

I know what the rest of the internet said about how the Superkey is used for a bunch of features but I never used those features on Windows besides alt+tab feature which got remapped anyways. I just want to know how to make the Superkey open the Zorin menu when I hit it.

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:18:26 am

Hi, the reason why this no longer works is, from what I have gleaned from using the OS myself is that 'window stacking' means the 'Super' key cannot be bound to the Menu, you need to install GnoMenu in addition to the existing ZorinMenu and then just 'remove' the ZorinMenu icon from AWN leaving GnoMenu icon in its place:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9673#p47901

;) :D

pingpong1109

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:07:39 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

sadly you can't, this problem was addressed to the Zorin devs and they did say that they would find a fix but that hasn't happened yet!.

Maybe one of them can shed some light on the matter?.

Hi, the reason why this no longer works is, from what I have gleaned from using the OS myself is that 'window stacking' means the 'Super' key cannot be bound to the Menu, you need to install GnoMenu in addition to the existing ZorinMenu and then just 'remove' the ZorinMenu icon from AWN leaving GnoMenu icon in its place:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9673#p47901

;) :D

Thank you two, I will try GnoMenu and I hope the devs can fix this soon!

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:40:31 am

Hi, I don't think it is fixable as the key is locked in to 'Window Stacking' - therefore it has to be a decision as to where people would like to see the project/business moving with this regard. ;) :D