This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

USB Device Mount

spjoruss

Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:44:44 am

I have tried several Linux Distros in order to run a USB weather station. It runs fine in Windows. It will not mount in any of the other Distros I have tried. It was said that Zorin might work so I am trying it-- Zorin OS 10 lite. I am running it on Acer Aspire One netbook.

I have been all over the Internet trying different solutions but most of them relate to USB flash drives or USB hard drives. I have no info yet about mounting other USB devices. When I run lsusb I can see that the weather station is recognized. But it will not mount when I plug it in. Command sudo mount -a did not do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

spjoruss

Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:36:59 pm

It is a specialized home built. It emulates a Fine Offset WH1080 type weather station.

The lsusb shows:

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1941:8021 Dream Link WH1080 Weather Station / USB Missile Launcher

Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:09:09 pm

A problem with USB devices is that they don't always come with GNU/Linux drivers - whilst it might pick it up as you have stated GNU/Linux won't know what to do with it without the necesary software for it to run - lobby the manufacturers for some GNU/Linux drivers/software! ;) :D

Wolfman

Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:35:17 am

This might help but it is a long read!:

http://www.sjcnet.id.au/computers/weath ... ata-logger