This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[CLOSED] Unsupported Audio Interface

mdiemer

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:17:18 am

I have a pro level audio interface, a Steinberg UR-22, which I use on my music rig with W7. I use an older computer for my internet browsing. It has a W7 drive and a Z9 drive. The UR-22 connects via USB. I can switch it back and forth between machines as needed on the Windows drive, but Steinberg does not make drivers for Linux, only Windows and Mac. I don't expect a tutorial on how to make this work. I'm just wondering, in general, is this at least theoretically possible?

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:26:25 am

Yes - lobby Steinberg to create GNU/Linux drivers! ;) :D

mdiemer

Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:38:04 am

Thanks. Doesn't look too promising. Not every Linux user is sophisticated enough to pull something like that off. Not to mention patient enough! Perhaps in time...meanwhile I'll continue to use Windows for music creation. This is one area where Linux just isn't anywhere near close. I realize it's not Linux's fault. If software companies wrote drivers for Linux, all would be well. I'm just hoping that by the time W7 bites the dust (2020), there will be solutions. that's a long way off, so there’s reason to hope.

Swarfendor437

Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:28:04 am

Hi, Whilst it will not solve your Steinbert UR-22 issue you should take a look here ;) :D :

http://www.bandshed.net/AVLinux.html

It supports printing to HP printers in live mode with a raft of music creation including music scores. :D