This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Keeps Freezing Up and Restarting Itself

RandomASCII

Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:15:36 am

I've been using the 64-bit version of Zorin 9 for close to a month now and have recently run into an issue that has me rather anxious about using it. As the title implies, everything will just freeze up. I think It's restarting itself, because it then takes me to the lock screen, plays the sound that is played upon logging in when you first boot up Zorin, and all of the programs I had running would be closed. A program currently set to start up on boot also appears a few seconds afterwards.

I don't know if this correlation means anything, but it seems to always happen when using either Chrome, or a browser based of Chrome's engine (such as Opera). I know this isn't much information to go off of, so I'm willing to provide any information that might be needed to help resolve this issue. Unfortunately, I must warn you that I'm fairly new to Linux, so I really have no idea what could be causing this.

Swarfendor437

Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:45:00 am

This might help (read from Who is the culprit?:

http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/75 ... -beginners

If you do want to try anything else in that guide, replace 'dolphin' with 'nautilus'.