This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Install Wannabe 9 as new menu for Zorin OS 9 Core

Hensyr Wolf

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:34:00 pm

Hi there,

When you go to start( zorin menu) and right clic on the menu button, then you can clic on preferences
a new window opens, calling "Zorin Menu settings"
when you go to the last tab "About" there is an button for downloading more theme's

I did clic on it and it brings me to the website "Gnome-Look.org" where you can download the theme's Wannabe 9 for Zorin OS
see this link: http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Wannabe+9?content=173882

I downloaded the file to the download folder and now there is a tar.gz file from Wannabe 9

The only thing now is that i don't know how to install this or where to put the folder in.
How can i get this new menu get working?

Wolfman

Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:18:09 am

Hi,

extract the downloaded file and then make sure you have your main home folder open, right click the desktop and create a new folder and call it ".themes", then move or copy the extracted file into that folder, it will be hidden once created so press Ctrl + h to show hidden files in the home folder.

Now open Tweak tool and change the theme!. if you don't have Tweak tool installed, open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) and paste the following command:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool

Nice collection of easy to install themes here, maybe yours is there?:

http://www.noobslab.com/p/themes-icons.html

Swarfendor437

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:40:41 am

Hi Hensyr, not sure about 9 but all I ever had to do in earlier iterations was to just point the install to where the .tar.gz file was - job done - that was of course when it was GnoMenu and not ZorinMenu! ;) :D

Hensyr Wolf

Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:45:40 pm

I have found it.

I rename the folder Wannabe 9 to Wannabe9 and use the terminal as root to move that folder in to usr/share/doc

Now it is fully operational when you change the Zorin Menu to Wannabe 9 but you need to have Google Chrome if you want that the tiles are working