This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Wi-Fi failure

tigger651283

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:55:19 pm

Hi everyone - I am a new user and am having trouble with installation of a couple of new apps. I am trying to install Calendar-Indicator and My-Weather-Indicator. When I go into the Software Center to install the apps the Install Center loses my internet connection. I can be using Firefox at that same moment, WITHOUT ISSUE, but the software center will not be able to download/install the material. I would appreciate any help available. I am using a wi-fi connection and as I said Firefox will continue to stay connected. For that reason I believe there is a problem with the Software Center. Thanks for any help.

Swarfendor437

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:30:20 pm

Hi, Please try this first:

1. Goto Menu | Sysem Tools | Administration | Software Updater.

2. Click on the 'Settings' button after it software updater has stopped 'whirring'!

3. Go to the first tab and change server location to 'Main Server' and keep changes.

4. Go to Software Updater again and see if any updates are available then try software centre again.

For installation of weather apps I install a separate Destkop Environment separate from the default Zorin one and that is Cairo-Dock:

download/file.php?id=3356&mode=view

Wolfman

Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:54:56 am

Hi,

open a terminal with Ctrl + Alt + t and then type (copy & paste) the following commands:

Code:
sudo dpkg --configure -a

followed by

Code:
sudo apt-get install -f

Also try:

Code:
sudo apt-get --fix-missing install

The above command downloads and installs any missing packages on your system.

Code:
sudo apt-get --fix-broken install

The above command downloads and installs any broken dependencies on your system.

Also try this command and then reboot on all accounts!:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

See the update guide also and make sure that your software sources download location is set to "Main server" by Swarf above:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Let us know if it helps. :D