This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Cannot pass login screen, only as guest.

manuelvalera

Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:01:04 pm

Hello all,

I've been using Zorin for a couple years now and i really like it, however i just had the first irresolvable problem with it, i can't login into my account.

This happened after i reinstalled grub on another hard drive, not the one in which zorin is installed, because this one is a SSD which my BIOS cannot boot in.

I checked .Xauthority ownership and is correctly assigned to my account, and when i login as Guest, my personal account show like logged in also, the same when i do a who command.

Another estrange thing is that every time i reboot, PATH variable is gone and i have to make export PATH=... to use basic commands again.

Please, any help would be appreciated since i need to work on this computer asap,

Thanks!

Manuel Valera

Wolfman

Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:49:38 am

Hi,

try starting in recovery mode and running "dpkg" per the update guide and see if that fixes the problem for you? (a cable network connection is required!):

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

manuelvalera

Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:31:51 pm

Hi,

I did this and update some packages, now there is 0 updates available. The problem persists.

Yesterday i made a new user with adduser and gave him root privileges, and copied .bashrc to this profile. At first i could login on this new profile but after restarting this one became locked too.

Regards,