This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Alt + Tab Crashing Zorin

RandomASCII

Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:47:07 pm

I've run into a fairly severe and extremely annoying bug where Zorin completely crashes on me whenever I use alt + tab to switch the window. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, because I have absolutely no clue what is causing this. I just know that it's an issue that persisted even after a clean reinstall of Zorin. Even then, all I've done since the reinstall is update the Nvidia GPU drivers, and install a handful of applications that have nothing to do with this issue. (although, if you think it will be in any way useful, aside from everything that is preinstalled with Zorin, I have Chrome, Code Blocks, an IRC client called Konversation, OBS, Kdenlive, and a second installation of Steam for WINE installed. Everything else is as if it's a clean install.) I'm also running the 64-bit Core version of 9. This may or may not be useful as well, but here's the specs of the computer in question:

Intel Pentium G 3258
8GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560
480GB Sandisk SSD

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:03:04 am

What happens if you revert to the default GNU/Linux graphics drivers instead of the proprietary nVidia ones? I personally prefer the GNU/Linux drivers to nVidia proprietary drivers.

RandomASCII

Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:59:23 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:What happens if you revert to the default GNU/Linux graphics drivers instead of the proprietary nVidia ones? I personally prefer the GNU/Linux drivers to nVidia proprietary drivers.

I apologize for the late response. I haven't reverted to the open source drivers since installation, because my GPU has a severe performance impact when running the open source drivers. If need be, I can revert to the original drivers, and attempt to recreate the issue.