This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[CLOSED] New to Zorin, having a couple issues

turkishfried

Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:57:37 pm

Prior to switching to Zorin I was using Ubuntu 14.04. I was having log in issues with Ubuntu and having tried Zorin before I decided to just up and switch completely to it. I say that because for awhile everything was working fine in 14.04 and now I am having a couple things I cant seem to figure out in Zorin.

1. My sound is crackling, I had this problem in 12.04 and was able to fix it but now it is happening again and I can't get it to stop.
Ive already tried the "sudo apt-get install libsox-fmt-all faac flac paman libxine1-all-plugins libxine2-all-plugins" as was suggested in other questions about the sound, no change on my end though.
I cant remember what I had to do in Ubuntu 12.04 to fix the sound but I know I had to delete somethng.

2. My Steam keeps closing out, except when I want it too. I'll be playing a game and it just closes Steam. Or when I go to exit Steam it wont exit. I tried reinstalling but again no change on my end.

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:46:35 am

1. Can you give us information please?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5449&p=48682#p26111

2. For Steam, see this post on their forums:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/di ... ideModal=1

turkishfried

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:04:25 am

My computer is a built one, no brand. It has an AMD A10-7850 mounted on an ASROCK FM2A88x-ITX board with 8GB GSkill memory. It has no dedicated grahics or sound cards.
Zorin 9 is the only OS loaded up any more.

I was able to get the sound to stop crackling on videos by following THIS but it still crackles in games. Which isn't a big issue since I really don't play but two games.

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:21:57 am

Can this thread be marked as [RESOLVED] or [CLOSED]? ;) :D

turkishfried

Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:02:42 am

Yes I figured out everything. Well most everything, the sound still cracks and echos in games.
My Steam stopped crashing when I switched my drivers to AMDs. So there's that.