This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

task manager

tomiki

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:59:01 am

How do I activate the Task Manager?

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:59:40 pm

Hi, Task Manager has been disabled by the Zorin Team I think - basically it repeats what is in DocBar X so you will end up with two Firefox Icons instead of one if it were - guess that is why it was 'removed'. ;) :D

tomiki

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:00:14 am

Ya but there are features awn that won't work unless it is activated. Plus, and the real problem is that bar at the bottom of the screen, on the clock and date side closes itself, and I don't know how to get it to open back up. Tried everything in preferences and nothing. Except what I can't try, because the Task Manager is not activated.

Swarfendor437

Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:40:27 pm

Hi, you could try my guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7983

Will try and look into this when I have got Zorin reinstalled once more! Can you confirm if you are using Zorin 9 or Zorin 10 please! ;) :D

tomiki

Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:29:40 pm

It says it is Zorin OS 10. Maybe the Dev's will have the problem solved in Zorin OS 11.

tomiki

Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:34:06 pm

So what is "DocBar X", is it turned on, or do I have to turn it on?

Swarfendor437

Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:46:10 pm

DocBarX was in Zorin 6 - not sure if it is present in 9 or 10 - if it is present it has its own applet in AWN - right-click the panel at the bottom and select 'Preferences' then on the interface that opens, click on the 'applets' tab and see if it is present. Basically, this was an applet that held 'files' (=explorer), default Music App (rhythmbox) and active Browser - so when you added Task Manager you used to get an ugly applet with a '+' sign in it and a duplicate icon for the browser - this could be why Task Manager may have been removed due to duplication of what is already there. More information here:

https://launchpad.net/dockbar