This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Image issues-solved

OldSchool40

Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:14:39 pm

I noticed on my ClamTK interface that the lettering on the top and bottom are too bright to read very well:

I've also noticed on certain pages like ubuntu desktop guide the brightness issue is even worse:

Now I seem to have little problem everywhere else, but I'm not sure what's causing that or how to correct it: I'm using a Geforce GT 620 card (1gb) using the recommended driver (Nvidia binary driver - version 346.96 (proprietary, tested))
along with a samsung syncmaster flatscreen (max resolution 1600x900). I've tried the open source driver and it seems to have the same trouble as well-how can I fix that?

Swarfendor437

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:06:03 pm

Hi, it is not a driver issue, but having said that I prefer to stick with the Nouveau (GNU/Linux) rather than proprietary.

Your issue is down to Gnome 3 and the themes in Zorin - in particular, dark themes appear to cause the biggest issues.

See what results you can get by installing different themes that comply with Gtk 3+ which Zorin uses.

Also check out 'Tweak Tool' under Menu | System Tools | Preferences.

Also try installing 'Gtk+ Ch' - basically short for changing themes - install it via 'Synaptic Package Manager' - you will be asked for your login password before Synaptic will run to elevate you to 'root' (=administrator) - just enter 'Synaptic' in the Win7 Menu search bar. ;) :D

OldSchool40

Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:58:13 am

I tried the Zorin Light under the theme changer and that solved the problem-hope they fix the dark one!

Swarfendor437

Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:43:01 pm

Hi, Dark Themes are a known issue with Gnome Gtk 3+ - this is outside of Zorin's control! ;) :D