This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Startup Application preference

kinu

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:40:55 am

How to add an application on startup preference. Lets say I want to add Tomboy Notes on startup list? Typically new babe question.

Wolfman

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:02:18 pm

Right click on app in main menu, then "Add to startup list". done!.

Regards Wolfman:)

kinu

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:08:54 pm

Ho hoooo that one was easy Wolfman!! how could I have missed it?
Again I am in trouble-On Libre Office when a document is open if I try to print view it exits! why? is it because i haven't printer connected?

Wolfman

Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:49:41 am

kinu wrote:Ho hoooo that one was easy Wolfman!! how could I have missed it?
Again I am in trouble-On Libre Office when a document is open if I try to print view it exits! why? is it because i haven't printer connected?

You need to install the package "libreoffice", I know it is daft but only the basic packages get installed and this package will complete the installation!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

kinu

Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:44:17 pm

Well! from software center I had installed the libreoffice productivity office suite. Is this not enough? I am running libreoffice ver.3.3.3

Wolfman

Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:58:46 pm

Open Synaptic and look there and see if the package I mentioned is indeed installed!!.

Regards Wolfman:)

kinu

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:21:20 pm

There it is.

kinu

Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:29:35 pm

I'd give a try then I will inform you.

kinu

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:00:56 pm

That could not solve the problem unfortunately

kinu

Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:21:46 pm

Damn it! I ran into problems by installing/uninstalling Libreoffice stuff that I had to use rescue function of Zorin to bring my machine into life again. Uh! boy!