This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

( RESOLVED ) / SOFTWARE & UPDATES

oxo42

Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:02:17 pm

Hi All

A couple of questions.

1) Is this setting correct / no ticked boxes in UPDATES.

2) Bottom right panel on home screen / how can I get this back to default / I cant find any settings to change this / right click does not give me anything useful

Screenshot from 2015-11-19 12_04_38.png

Thanks.

PS: UPDATE
I have been tinkering and found that if I right click the blue Zorin menu button in the bottom left panel I have more options / click edit-- I get an option to "Restore System Configuration" will this return the right hand panel back to default / or are they seperate. (cant test it as I had to reinstall OS but it would be useful to know incase I get the same problem again )

Swarfendor437

Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:28:50 pm

Hi, there have been issues with this in the past - I think it is possibly a bug in tne interface - whenever you run the updater you will get all security updates and you normally do receive notifications in respect of updates.

With regards the 'reset to defaults' this will be the 'theme' I suspect - if you modify the panel yourself by changing its colour tones etc using the last tab and 'customisation' reset to defaults will mean return the panel to its original 'look' it may not necessarily repair the indicator-3 applet - I just wish they would embrace the cinammon menu which also binds the windows key to the menu:

download/file.php?id=4369&mode=view ;) :D

oxo42

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:17:22 pm

Swarfendor437

Hi Just to clarify / are you saying that it,s not possible to repair the bottom right panel and recover missing icons (see screenshot above) by using "Restore System Configurations". or does it require a new install of OS.

I know the panel is the AWN panel but does left and right have different names.
What is " indicater-3 applet"

Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:02:15 pm

indicator-3 applet is the one that holds your email shortcut, network applet, and personal detail shortcut etc - basically teh white bit on the bottom right. The only way to try and recover is to move the panel to a new location and then back down again to the bottom using AWN Panel Preferences after right clicking the panel in the middle. If this does not work suggest you install Docky or Cairo-Dock via Synaptic. ;) :D