This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Narrow horizonta line after changing pixel height of Panel

amn70

Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:06:11 pm

]When I increase pixel height to anything above its default setting in the Geometry settings of Panel Settings I end up with this thin horizontal line about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom within the panel. Any idea why this is, Below is a screenshot.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

[attachment=0]Selection_001.jpg[/attachment

Swarfendor437

Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:50:04 pm

Can't guarantee this but try auto-hide then back to 'bottom' see if it clears it. ;) :D

amn70

Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:16:45 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Can't guarantee this but try auto-hide then back to 'bottom' see if it clears it. ;) :D

Nope, no dice. Still there but thanks anyway. :)

Swarfendor437

Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:54:13 pm

OK, have you followed Wolfman's post install guide?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9785

amn70

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:45:34 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:OK, have you followed Wolfman's post install guide?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9785

No I didn't but the install went just fine. Everything else works flawlessly except this issue with the panel and an issue with the laptop not going into hibernate when i close the cover although looking thru some other posts related to that issue on other Ubuntu related forums I think I may have that problem narrowed down.

Swarfendor437

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:42:17 am

Have you completed an update of the system as per the guide after install?

amn70

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:29:20 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Have you completed an update of the system as per the guide after install?

Yea, ran the update as well.

Swarfendor437

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:37:41 pm

OK, could you provide us with the specification of your PC/Notebook?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5449

amn70

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:37:33 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:OK, could you provide us with the specification of your PC/Notebook?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5449

Its an Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop with an AMD Sempron processor with 3GB of ram and a 120GB hard drive.

Swarfendor437

Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:35:01 pm

Sempron is the AMD equivalent of Intel's Celeron - it does not have a full instruction set in the CPU - this could have an effect on graphics but it should not produce the error you are experiencing.

Try this to see if you get a better experience.

1. Move your panel to the top of the screen. (Right-click in the middle of the panel and select preferences, and change position from bottom to top.

2. Reverse this and see if it clears up the horizontal line issue.

;) :D

amn70

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:18:16 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Sempron is the AMD equivalent of Intel's Celeron - it does not have a full instruction set in the CPU - this could have an effect on graphics but it should not produce the error you are experiencing.

Try this to see if you get a better experience.

1. Move your panel to the top of the screen. (Right-click in the middle of the panel and select preferences, and change position from bottom to top.

2. Reverse this and see if it clears up the horizontal line issue.

;) :D

Nope, same problem. What I have determined is that line represents the bottom of the bar when the pixel height is at set at 25. So even when the height is increased it leaves this line at the 25 pixel mark. It actually appears to be the line associated with the bottom of the panel icons because that is exactly where the bottom of the panel icons fall when they are set at 25 pixels.