This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Huion Professional pen tablet to install

G Brown

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:28:12 pm

Hi,
Was given a Huion tablet with a windows disk! emailed Huion and they have a 10 month old linux driver at a dropbox and no intention of upgrading it. I don't have drop box but presume it will download to 'downloads' and I can move it from there.
Being new to this 'programming' bit How do I go about installing it? Please include how I get to the C:/ prompt if I need it.
Told you I was new...!
PS I don't have Windows on this pc but have access to one if it helps.

Thanks
George

Swarfendor437

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:50:23 am

Hi, take a look here:

https://github.com/DIGImend/digimend-kernel-drivers

and here:

http://digimend.github.io/drivers/digimend/tablets/

which lists varous Huion tablets - you know your model number?

Please be sure to download the appropriate '.deb' package which is what Zorin uses ( just like Ubuntu on which it is based) ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:40:49 pm

Once you have downloaded the .deb package you should be able to install it by right-clicking the .deb file and select 'Open with ...' Software Centre/er.

Have you got anywhere with this yet? ;) :D

G Brown

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:33:19 pm

Haven't done anything with this yet as so far everything I touch on here goes pear shaped. Too long in Windows I think!. At the moment struggling to get pictures to download into 'Pictures'. they keep appearing as number files on the menu even though the root comes up as pictures>number>items. Renaming and 'dragging and dropping' doesn't seem to work either. Even downloaded a file manager and couldn't make it work. Guess its time to work out how everything works first and then add on toys. I will keep this thread so that as and when ....I will know what to do . My 60 year old brain definately needs 'an idiots guide'. Hey Ho, still having fun - I think
Thanks for your time.

Swarfendor437

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:36:20 pm

No problem friend! We are here to help when and where we can. ;) :D