This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Help changing color of the dock

meverwood

Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:54:09 am

Can anyone tell me how to change the white to match the dock? (I used shutter for the screenshot and thats the only reason the icons are out of place) I am new to zorin & I'm having trouble changing the color of the little status bar.

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:15:23 pm

Hi, this has been a bug-bear of mine since Zorin 5 or so when it was relatively easy to ditch the indicator-3 applet for 'Notification area' [http://zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7983]. The only time it changes is if you choose the Zorin Dark theme when it becomes black instead of white.

Alternatively you could replace AWN with 'Docky' from the repository if not already installed - to see if it is present on your installation, before doing so, move your panel to another part of the desktop by changing the preferences 'position' to 'top'. Then open a terminal (Menu | Accessories | Terminal) and enter

Code:
docky

If it is present a script will run and you will see it at bottom of screen similar to your screenshot but without the indicator 3 applet.

Other options are to install Cairo-Dock DE:

download/file.php?id=3356&mode=view

Open a terminal and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock

Or installl Cinammon DE:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9795#p48996

Examples of the Cinammon DE:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9795&p=48998&hilit=cinammon+Zorin+10#p48998

Please note that the Zorin themes are not present by default - you install them from a direct link from within Cinammon as to what Theme you wish to install!

Whatever you decide - Enjoy! ;) :D