This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 11 Feedback

AZorin

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:04:54 am

On the 19th of January we released the Zorin OS 11 Beta. With this release, we've focused on enhancing the user experience, from the smallest details to the bigger picture. You can find more details about what's new in Zorin OS 11 here: http://zoringroup.com/blog/2016/01/19/a ... rin-os-11/

We would love to hear your feedback on what we've created so far. Feel free to post here your thoughts from using the Beta, bug reports and suggestions of what you would like us to improve even further for the final release.

MBMz10

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:29:06 pm

I'll go first then, I installed OS 11 Beta onto real hardware, 3.0Ghz dual core, 4GB RAM, GT520 graphics, and noticed the following:

Changed the theme to "Red-Black" and then installed VLC, the theme didn't look right when I started VLC, the top menu and near the bottom still "white" background with black text.
Not have this issue in OS 10 or 9. VLC version is 2.2.1
Other programs seem to be OK and the interface looks really nice as usual.

No visible way to change "Preferences" in the file browser, having to change the folder layout view every time I use it. OS 10 was the same but I have the "Ultimate" and this can be changed and set via using the "Look" changer.
Not sure if this can be changed using terminal commands. This is a bit of a pain when using Zorin OS 11...

When moving the AWN panel to the top, the border 'line' of the panel is hidden by the "tray" icon area, Network, Sound, Clock, User-name etc. OS 10 and 9 are the same.

Doesn't like the Nvidia driver, 352.63, I get green flashes on screen when moving mouse during Video playback, screen tearing and general not very nice. On the same hardware with OS 9 and 10 no problems.
Default video driver works OK though.

Another thing I have is that I like to use Cairo Dock, on bottom of screen with AWN panel auto hide at the top, and if I try to use the "power" icon in the tray area to shutdown or restart the computer it just logs out, seems Cairo Dock removes or interferes with the systems ability to perform this function. This is the same on OS 9, 10 and the new 11 beta. Not saying it is a fault of Zorin but rather just what I have noticed! That said I have noticed a few other 'bugs' when using Cairo Dock.

Other than that I haven't used it very much however I do like the new wallpapers and the system runs and feels smooth and fast as I have come to expect from Zorin OS.
Looking forward to the final release...

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:56:48 pm

MBMz10 wrote:I'll go first then, I installed OS 11 Beta onto real hardware, 3.0Ghz dual core, 4GB RAM, GT520 graphics, and noticed the following:

Changed the theme to "Red-Black" and then installed VLC, the theme didn't look right when I started VLC, the top menu and near the bottom still "white" background with black text.
Not have this issue in OS 10 or 9. VLC version is 2.2.1
Other programs seem to be OK and the interface looks really nice as usual.

No visible way to change "Preferences" in the file browser, having to change the folder layout view every time I use it. OS 10 was the same but I have the "Ultimate" and this can be changed and set via using the "Look" changer.
Not sure if this can be changed using terminal commands. This is a bit of a pain when using Zorin OS 11...

When moving the AWN panel to the top, the border 'line' of the panel is hidden by the "tray" icon area, Network, Sound, Clock, User-name etc. OS 10 and 9 are the same.

Doesn't like the Nvidia driver, 352.63, I get green flashes on screen when moving mouse during Video playback, screen tearing and general not very nice. On the same hardware with OS 9 and 10 no problems.
Default video driver works OK though.

Another thing I have is that I like to use Cairo Dock, on bottom of screen with AWN panel auto hide at the top, and if I try to use the "power" icon in the tray area to shutdown or restart the computer it just logs out, seems Cairo Dock removes or interferes with the systems ability to perform this function. This is the same on OS 9, 10 and the new 11 beta. Not saying it is a fault of Zorin but rather just what I have noticed! That said I have noticed a few other 'bugs' when using Cairo Dock.

Other than that I haven't used it very much however I do like the new wallpapers and the system runs and feels smooth and fast as I have come to expect from Zorin OS.
Looking forward to the final release...

This isn't a reply on your experience of Zorin 11 Beta, more of an observation in respect of running more than one type of Dock in one DE. First off, when you have one Desktop running effectively 2 DE's (Desktop Environments) you are going to get conflict - for example - that indicator-3 applet that sits at the end of AWN contains a link to 'nm-applet' (network manager applet) and you can't have two instances of a process calling on the same resource! ;)

Once you have installed Cairo-Dock it adds another option at the login screen and this is where you should be using Cairo Dock, with Zorin DE in it's own DE - ne'er the twain shall meet!

With Cairo-Dock you can add additional panels at the top and have showing up there what you would have in AWN say, but NOT AWN applets! ;)

blfriis

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:51:10 pm

Hi all I have used Zorin 11 beta 64b since the release and I have had no problems at all except the issue with awn and dropbox icon is hidden below the awn, but I just move awn to the top and then down again.
I have had no crash or breakdown not even when I play with Compiz, the 3d windows works, it never worked for me in 9 or 10
So keep up the good work and hats off for you

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:07:59 am

Well, #take my breath away# - Fire Paint is back in Compiz! Woohoo!

Screenshot from 2016-02-10 00-01-22.jpg

If anyone is running Ubuntu 15.10 would love to know if Compiz is back up to speed on that too! ;) :D

But I would not use it - would be curious abut UE and UE-Oz! :D

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:19:50 pm

Feedback on Assistive Technology. OK just to reiterate, the Gnome project messed up big time with Gnome 3 when they 'integrated' the screenreader into the DE - this means that customisation for beginners and experienced users cannot be set - but in respect of Zorin, this only works with the Win2k style menu, or YAMA (Yet Another Menu Application) - the problem why it can't really be used at all? No binding of the menu to the Windows Key. There is somewhat of a bitter irony that Makulu has both windows keys bound to the Menu, but if I am honest it is the Cinammon DE that has this, but Makulu has Kingsoft Office (WS Office) which does not work with any screen reader in any OS, (await to here if 'Dave' in VoiceOver in a MAC can read Kingsoft) but certainly in Windows and GNU/Linux Kingsoft Office does not work with any screenreader! Only LibreOffice on Windows and GNU/Linux is compatible with a screenreader in respect of free office suites. I have yet to fully check the Makulu 10 Aero release to see if Accessibility is really functional yet.

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:18:09 pm

Screenshot from 2016-02-10 22-34-09.jpg

Yes the specs are correct! I always like pushing the boundaries but I did not pursue an install - the above shot was in 'live' mode. I learnt one thing that might assist others.

1. If you have an old rig with a processor not compatible with 'pae' distributions there is a way around it (assuming interface like Ubuntu and other forks on booting from live media) but would not attempt this unless you have 2 Gb RAM.

2. When you see the symbol of little person = keyboard (Accessibility) press the Space Bar - you get the Language selection screen - if your language is selected, press the Escape key then Press 'F6' - Other Options. Choose the first one 'advanced user' and the boot parameter appears at the bottom of the screen - as you type it will add whatever you type at the end of what is already there - here enter 'forcepae' - and it will boot just like in the screenshot - but only having 512 Mb RAM was very slo o o o o w! And the processor got very hot - so do this AT YOUR OWN RISK! :D

Also, just to add, if your menu keeps disappearing behind the panel, right-click it, select Preferences and change appearance from 'Panel' to 'None' - problem solved. ;) :D

DemoneGuardiano

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:40:08 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a new member from Italy :D

I discover this distro few weeks ago and after a long period of doubt I choose to install Zorin 11 as second OS in my laptop ( first is windows 10 ).

Although I'm a newbie with Linux the installation is successful on the first attempt and dual boot it worked perfectly.

Yesterday evening the Software Center suggest to perform an update, I decided to do this with the default option.

After the reboot I'm unable to start Zorin, If I choose a normal boot it comes to command line...If I choose the recovery mode it comes to command line.. :shock:

The same behaviour happens if I try to boot with the previously Kernel version, I think it could be a problem related to a misconfiguration of Grub.

I hope there is an alternative solution rather than reinstall the OS, I did some googling but have not solved the problem.

Any suggestion is welcome :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot to everyone !

Ps: There's a Italian forum for this distro ?

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:47:16 pm

Hi, Could you tell me if your machine that has Windows 10 is 'EFI' (secure-boot) enabled or was it an upgrade from Windows 7?

There is currently no Italian forum for Zorin - but if you have the resources you could start one! ;) :D

DemoneGuardiano

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:23:48 am

Ciao !

The laptop has a clean windows 10 installation, secure boot is disabled.

This weekend I try to investigate on the issue and maybe I've found the problem... This behaviour is related to a modify on the Fstab file, I need to mount some network resources so I've put some entry on the fstab.

I use the same entry previously used on Ubuntu and Linux Mint without problems, maybe with Zorin I've to use different parameters ?

This evening I try to post the line that I used to map this resources, maybe someone could suggest me something :mrgreen:

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:55:06 pm

I had installed Zorin 10 alongside Windows 10 on a NON-UEFI BIOS!.

I used EasyBCD but another forum member stated he could not get this to work with Windows 10.

How I did my NON-UEFI BIOS!.

1. Used windows disk tools to shrink the Windows volume AFTER running 'chkdsk' and 'defrag'
2. Reran 'chkdsk' and 'defrag' (analysis) after resize.
3. Booted Zorin in Live mode.
4. Created an 'Extended Partition'
5. Created a '/boot' partition of 512 Mb formatted to 'ext4'.
6. Created a '/' (root) partition for the System - 30 Gb (30 x 1024 to get the correct size!) immediately after the '/boot' partition.
7. At the END of the 'Extended partition' create a 'swap area' of 4 Gb (4096)
8. What ever is left between '/' and 'swap area', create '/home' partition, formatted to 'ext4'

;) :D

DemoneGuardiano

Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:12:43 pm

My laptop has 2 hard disk (Samsung Evo SSD ) 250 Gb each.

On first disk ( SDA1) there's Windows 10

On second disk (SDB1) there's Zorin 11 and the bootloader is installed on SDA1

On SDB1 I've create a EFI partition ( 1024Mb) , a EXT4 partition and a Swapfile partition ( 32Gb...double of RAM )

Actually there's no problem with the dual boot, all is working perfectly if I didn't modify the FSTAB file.

Next step could be perform a clone using Clonezilla and try to modify the fstab in order to map automatically my network resources from Synology NAS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:46:02 pm

Feedback on install to a Samsung P530 Notebook with i3 processor (64-bit), 4 Gb RAM. Well the kit concerned is a work's machine no longer on the domain, turned into, mainly, offline work apart from applying necessary updates.
The 'main' flaw tends to be:

1. The battery meter - if on preferences, 'show time' [assume remaining] with icon, it disappears - if I select 'show percentage' - no issue.

2. Indicator 3 applet disappears if you attempt to add anything to that end of the AWN Panel e.g., weather applet, requiring a restart of the OS.

That said Zorin 11 has been a life-saver. The only Windows Movie Editor I can cope with is Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (for Vista). I managed to get hold of the last iteration but appears it will not save a movie file, no matter what settings I use and having saved the project file it just does not get any further - enter Zorin 11 ... and more precisely, KDEnlive. This has been a life saver having to prepare training videos at work for this week in view of Movie Maker going West. I normally would plump for OpenShot Video Editor but the .mov files imported looked like 'negative' images if you know what I mean with true colour of people around the edge of their features so that was ditched as the solution.

The other big surprise was attaching an iPad that had some videos on - at first Zorin 11 baulked at it - there was some error message - this is after I had selected 'Trust this device' option on the iPad (Can't stand the things - tablets never sit well with me - period - regardless of platform!). Now after a few seconds I got not only access to 'DCIM' as you can on a PC but I could access all documents created in Pages and Documents! Gobsmacked - great going Zorin Devs! ;) :D

Just to finally add, I have created a 'Kodi' shortcut on the desktop so that the deliverer of training at end of week can just go to Videos and open the tagged kdenlive folder to access the rendered files - superb! ;) :D

dreamwarrior

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:45:02 pm

HI i just installed Zorin 11 64bits,and in the task bar,there only appear one icon...the one of the language i use.There is no clock ,nor volume control ,no network connection and all the other things usually appear there....they appear if i restart the pc almost 10 times or even more..Tried even login out but still the same issue.I include o printscreen so you can see better what i mean....thanks

Auldyin

Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:47:08 pm

Hi dream

The taskbar fault has persisted on recent versions of Zorin over the last few years without a cure.

The quick fix is to - right click on an empty space on the taskbar - take the option to move the taskbar - top,left or right - move taskbar back to bottom - . :!: :!: :!: tarraa :!: :!: :!: should be fixed.

I find that if you goto language options and remove tick on show language on taskbar helps also.

Sorry I cant remember the exact text used on Zorin 11 as I haven't got it installed I'm still a happy Zorin 5.2 user.

Cheers Auldyin

:o ;) 8-) :? :D :D

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:21:49 pm

dreamwarrior wrote:HI i just installed Zorin 11 64bits,and in the task bar,there only appear one icon...the one of the language i use.There is no clock ,nor volume control ,no network connection and all the other things usually appear there....they appear if i restart the pc almost 10 times or even more..Tried even login out but still the same issue.I include o printscreen so you can see better what i mean....thanks.

Or for a complete change if things are getting you down:

1. Install Cairo-Dock DE:

download/file.php?id=3356&mode=view

2. Install Cinammon DE:

download/file.php?id=4402&mode=view

;) :D

dreamwarrior

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:37:36 am

thank you both for the help,im using Zorin since Zorin 7,but never had that problem,but today before reading your posts,i installed cairo,which i love to use in other linuxes...there i set a clock and everything i missed from the taskbar,..thanks

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:51:15 am

No worries friend! ;-)

blizzard

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:28:33 pm

I installed Zorin OS 11 at the beginning of March.
Two issues I have come across:

1. Geary Mail crashes a lot. It shows no error message. It just closes/disappears. I have set up 2 email addresses in Geary, a gmail account and a custom one with a custom SSL certificate that I've accepted through Geary.

2. Not sure whether this is a bug or my lack of linux knowledge as I am fairly new to linux. I've launched a game developed for Windows. The game changed the resolution and exited with a failure. From that point on I was only able to see a small pirtion of the desktop and I wasn't able to do anything but power cycle the machine. On another occasion a different game (also Windows) entered full screen mode but the screen went black. It wasn't frozen, but the game did nit display anything. Again I wasn't able to do anytjing but to reset the computer. It would be nice to have something like in Windows (ctrl+alt+del or alt+esc) that lets you kill a process and get back to the previous state.

Quovadis

Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:01:25 pm

Zorin looks very promissing.

But there are a few things I`m missing in the GUI mainly de scaling so it is more suitable for HD-screens, you can scale text but I miss the fact you can scale like the way you can do as in Windows.

When you want to scale to lets say 125% then everything is scaled up to the percentage but in Zorin you have to scale everything seperately or only the text of the applications are scalable and not that part where you can see:

-Documents
-Pictures
-videos
-Music

And more, hopefully the developers will take this in consideration with the developing and improving the GUI.

James tobin

Sat May 14, 2016 11:54:45 pm

I have 2 suggestions:

1. Make an option to have workspace-specific taskbar icons, not to show them from all workspaces

2. On the desktop cube, number the workspaces with some kind of text so users do not get mixed up.

I may have more later ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Sun May 15, 2016 10:11:14 am

Hi, Just add 'shiny switcher' from the Applets in AWN | Preferences | Applets - 1 through 4 starts left to right so easy to follow as workspace in use is highlighted and if a window is open it will reflect that fact. ;) :D

download/file.php?id=3285&mode=view

MBMz10

Mon May 16, 2016 9:10:49 am

James tobin wrote:I have 2 suggestions:

1. Make an option to have workspace-specific taskbar icons, not to show them from all workspaces

2. On the desktop cube, number the workspaces with some kind of text so users do not get mixed up.

Shinny Switcher is good, yes.
Also regarding workspace numbering/naming:
Compiz Config Settings Manager (just type: ccsm in Zorin menu search)
Go to Window managment > Workspace Naming, if you want even more customization.
Also I find "Expo" in ccsm a good way to 'find myself' when lost in the cube.

Maybe its time to start a new "what we want in Zorin 12" thread? A wish list of sorts.

Swarfendor437

Mon May 16, 2016 8:23:27 pm

MBMz10 wrote:
James tobin wrote:I have 2 suggestions:

Shinny Switcher is good, yes.
Also regarding workspace numbering/naming:
Compiz Config Settings Manager (just type: ccsm in Zorin menu search)
Go to Window managment > Workspace Naming, if you want even more customization.
Also I find "Expo" in ccsm a good way to 'find myself' when lost in the cube.

Maybe its time to start a new "what we want in Zorin 12" thread? A wish list of sorts.

If you want a wish-list then you can always post here:

viewforum.php?f=9

James tobin

Wed May 18, 2016 12:14:18 pm

The reason i think that should be done is not for identification. One of these times i'll post screenshot of my taskbar when i'm running 20 programs on zorin and of my openbox taskbar when i'm running 20 programs. The difference is that in zorin it's so spammed scrolling has to be enabled but on my openbox there is only 5 per workspace because the icons are workspace-specific. That's more convenient especially for laptops with smaller screens.

dark9

Sun May 29, 2016 2:43:30 pm

I have some suggestions and questions. :)

Check out WPS Office. https://www.wps.com/linux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOaj_EqZZE0
I think WPS Office could be better choice for Zorin OS over LibreOffice.

Like how Zorin Web Browser Manager lets you quickly download and install your favorite web browser, if possible do the same by making Zorin Media Player Manager and let users quickly download and install their favorite Media Player as not everyone use VLC, some use MPV, others SMPlayer or Miro.

Will Zorin OS work on Skylake 6th Gen CPU's? I hear Linux Kernel is having lot of problems supporting Skylake CPU's, its integrated graphics and power management issues on laptops. Maybe users should wait for fully supported kernel before installing linux on skylake machines.

Will Zorin OS work on 15 year old PC? Intel 845 with 1.4 Ghz 1 core 256mb SD Ram, GeForce 4 MX440? Its the very first gen P4 that was released back in 2001, has Win XP SP3 on it, not using this PC currently but want to install Zorin OS on it to replace the outdated XP, maybe lite version but need to know if Zorin OS has all the required drivers for it.

dark9

Sun May 29, 2016 6:43:32 pm

Also i think its alright if you decide to remove Windows XP look in Zorin OS since everyone is used to Windows 7 look.
I would like to see Windows 10 look. :)

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:21:08 am

dark9 wrote:I have some suggestions and questions. :)

Check out WPS Office. https://www.wps.com/linux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOaj_EqZZE0
I think WPS Office could be better choice for Zorin OS over LibreOffice.

Like how Zorin Web Browser Manager lets you quickly download and install your favorite web browser, if possible do the same by making Zorin Media Player Manager and let users quickly download and install their favorite Media Player as not everyone use VLC, some use MPV, others SMPlayer or Miro.

Will Zorin OS work on Skylake 6th Gen CPU's? I hear Linux Kernel is having lot of problems supporting Skylake CPU's, its integrated graphics and power management issues on laptops. Maybe users should wait for fully supported kernel before installing linux on skylake machines.

Will Zorin OS work on 15 year old PC? Intel 845 with 1.4 Ghz 1 core 256mb SD Ram, GeForce 4 MX440? Its the very first gen P4 that was released back in 2001, has Win XP SP3 on it, not using this PC currently but want to install Zorin OS on it to replace the outdated XP, maybe lite version but need to know if Zorin OS has all the required drivers for it.

Hi, The problem with WPS Office is that it will not work with any screenreader on any platform.

I do like the idea of media player chooser!

Ubuntu 16.04 is supposed to be Skylake compatible so you will have to wait for Zorin12!

Not sure if 256 Mb RAM will be enough even for Lite - test in live mode first.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:26:13 am

dark9 wrote:Also i think its alright if you decide to remove Windows XP look in Zorin OS since everyone is used to Windows 7 look.
I would like to see Windows 10 look. :)

Well if you mean theming rather than interface MakuluLinux 'LINDOZ' is due for release any day now!

MBMz10

Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:19:57 am

MakuluLinux LinDoz is now Live...

I like the idea of a Windows 10 look as well.
And a media player choice. Like the Zorin web browser manager. Spoil us even more please Zorin.

I just built new skylake system, not noticed any problems on Zorin 11 (just put the old drive in and it booted right up and worked) also done a clean install (Zorin 11 test install) using the Intel integrated graphics, installed steam and played games, watched a movie, all good far as I could tell. On a desktop machine of course.

Really looking forward to Zorin 12 and a new fresh install though. New hardware and new software, love that new smell.

MBMz10

Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:47:37 am

In the interest of feedback.

Really like the the thickening scroll bars on approach of the mouse.
However, a few things I have noticed with them.

1. Using 'Files' when trying to unmout a drive the scroll bar all but prevents/blocks the mouse from clicking the unmount/eject button. See below.
Files Thick Scrollbar.png

2. Same thing in some other apps, example: Cairo Dock configuration utility, trying to get to some of the check boxes on the far right hand side.
See below, Before scroll bar thickness/mouse approach.
Cairo Dock Scroll Before.png

See below, mouse near scroll bar, unable to get to the check box.
Cairo Dock Scroll After.png

My work around thus far is to maximise the screen and hope that the 'need' for the scroll bar is redundant and having a large screen, most of the time this works. Not sure if small screen/laptop users have the same luxury.
I have seen other distro's with similar function to this and when it activates the scroll bar is only about an inch or so in length, just big enough to grab with the mouse and move out of the way I would think.

dark9

Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:04:22 am

Will Zorin OS work on Raspberry Pi 3?

Does Linux have Device Manager equivalent to Windows Device Manager?
A device manager that will let me install/remove/enable/disable, show device status working/error code/no driver, etc. without having to use terminal.

I think once you no longer require to use Terminal for basics like installing softwares or games, installing drivers, linux will be fully ready for desktop and beginners. :)

unc1rlm

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:35:07 am

I am just totally blown away by this distro. I am new to linux. For the last three weeks I have installed Ubuntu 14x; Linux Mint; and most recently unsuccessfully Manjaro 16x...Major install headaches!! don't know how many times i reinstalled windows 10 because the distro would destroy my bootloaders. I have been a windows person since windows came out. I am 65yo and the learning curve is short lol. The reason I am doing this is because I fly flight simulators and windows is so bloated that my cpu i7-3770k goes to 100% and everything c***s out. So I thought i would get rid of the overhead baggage. I will probably purchase Zorin Ultimate in the next few days.. I know Zorin or who-ever they are can't live for free. Going to install xplane and hopefully I will be flying soon. If everything works out..I may be able to say bye-bye to Windows for ever!!! I am not a total novice. I have 5 computers (4 of which are servers) and 8 monitors. I have built computers and don't know it all... but I know what I like :). I only wish I had discovered or should say learned Linux 20 years ago. My 25yo kid is a linux fan...knew nothing about it and thought it was for nerds. Didn't tell her that. Parents need to listen to their kids more often. lol

Everyone-have a great day!!

Bob M.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:43:51 pm

Well, I'm blown away too! Bit the bullet and installed 11 - soon as I attached my Canon Printer All-in-One (MG7550) in add printers it picked it up instantly and printed out an invoice for something just ordered on the 'net! And simple scan working too! I will be happy to keep this on the rig for a couple of months after the end of life date of 31 July 2016! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8-)

dark9

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:45:54 pm

A program that functions like System Restore. Would be nice if this becomes part of Zorin OS. :D
https://sourceforge.net/projects/systemback/

dark9

Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:02:12 pm

About Wine, it would be nice if it is pre-configured so installing windows softwares wont be a pain.
Pre-configured meaning pre-installed in wine directory directx, vcredist, dotnetfx, msxml, etc. most windows softwares depend on and configuring wine to set to windows 7 instead of xp. :)

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:21:39 pm

dark9 wrote:About Wine, it would be nice if it is pre-configured so installing windows softwares wont be a pain.
Pre-configured meaning pre-installed in wine directory directx, vcredist, dotnetfx, msxml, etc. most windows softwares depend on and configuring wine to set to windows 7 instead of xp. :)

You need to be aware that wine is a separate project and not all apps will run. If you want wine to work out of the box you need to purchase Crossover from codeweavers.com. :D