Zorin 12.3 LIte feedback

Re: Zorin 12.3 LIte feedback

Postby AZorin » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:16 am

chef011 wrote:Hello everyone,

First I have to say that I am, well, a bit disappointed with the fact that Zorin team had no decency to reply to the email I sent as a paying customer.
I understand that they may be busy, but c'mon this just looks very unprofessional.

I have to say I tried Zorin before and I had issues with it. Then I came back to it some time later, a few days ago. Without any hesitation, I purchased ultimate version, hoped and prayed to God that at least some of the issues have been fixed.

I really don't understand why if you're already paying you don't get an updated version of the shipped software. I spent 2 hours updating the software which drove me nuts, then WIFI disappears and it was no-where to be found. That was just a beginning of a nightmare that is yet to come.

Inability to, still to this day, reduce the size of icons drove me against the grain. I understand giving people option with Accessibility Settings so those with visual impairment could use, but I prefer to have my icons rather smaller than what preset gives.

My computer was so laggy it took forever to open windows. Also boot time to get to the encryption window was so long. Once you pass that another forever awaits to unlock the computer and another forever to get things going. An my computer isn't really an 10 year old rag.

I am utterly disappointed and feel I have wasted my money. I was really hoping that Zorin stepped up, but for me it didn't it remained where it was. I had to go back to my other system I used prior to switching to Zorin. Such a shame.

Hello,
Our sincerest apologies for the late reply, thank you for your candid feedback.

Thank you for letting us know about the large icons, we are on track to fix this issue in the next version of Zorin OS, which will be released later this year.

We are also on preparing to release Zorin OS 12.4 later this month, which will include the latest software updates and hardware drivers out of the box. If you wish to try it, you will automatically have access to this updated version of the Ultimate edition from the download link in our original email to you, at no cost.

In order to avoid a slow user experience, if your computer has a graphics card, we would recommend you to install its drivers by following these instructions: https://zorinos.com/help/activate-graphics-card/

I have sent you a more long-form message about your feedback as a reply to your email.
AZorin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Feedback