This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Wacom Companion 2 Isuues

Azlan

Fri May 04, 2018 11:03:27 pm

When you try to use the touch keyboard and the start button, The start window goes over the keyboard which covers half the keyboard.

The keyboard does not pop up when tapping Chromium URL. In Firefox, you have to double tap space to get it to move over once.

In the latest update, the side buttons stopped working except for the middle one. Now it opens the window manager.

The volume up and down buttons stick, causing the volume to constantly go up and down. (Basically none of the buttons work as they should)

Constantly freezes and locks up. At least a few times a day.

The touchscreen detects like a mouse. trying to right click with 2 fingers in beyond difficult. Should be click and hold to right click.

Double click is very inconsistent and does not work with the pen.

Touchscreen randomly stops working.

When it does work, it runs well. Nothing wrong with pen sensitivity or drawing.

Swarfendor437

Sat May 05, 2018 8:41:53 am

Hi, unfortunately this is yet another chicken and egg issue. GNU/Linux has a driver that works with some graphic tablets, then a manufacturer who already does not provide a GNU/Linux driver for its tablets has no duty to inform maintainer's of the Linux kernel that they have updated the hardware/drivers. A bit like Apple and iOS - when I had Zorin 11 running on notebook at work, I could access ALL folders on an iPad, then they update the OS and then it states no device connected. So my advice would be to lobby Wacom to provide open source/proprietary driver for your device. It is oh so easy to claim "Another reason why GNU/Linux is not mainstream" when the real issue is hardware manufacturers giving blatant disregard to users of non-Windows and non-MAC devices.

https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/pro ... rt/drivers

You might find a solution here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxwacom/

Azlan

Sat May 05, 2018 7:51:54 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, unfortunately this is yet another chicken and egg issue. GNU/Linux has a driver that works with some graphic tablets, then a manufacturer who already does not provide a GNU/Linux driver for its tablets has no duty to inform maintainer's of the Linux kernel that they have updated the hardware/drivers. A bit like Apple and iOS - when I had Zorin 11 running on notebook at work, I could access ALL folders on an iPad, then they update the OS and then it states no device connected. So my advice would be to lobby Wacom to provide open source/proprietary driver for your device. It is oh so easy to claim "Another reason why GNU/Linux is not mainstream" when the real issue is hardware manufacturers giving blatant disregard to users of non-Windows and non-MAC devices.

https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/pro ... rt/drivers

You might find a solution here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxwacom/

you're only referencing the tablet part of this. As I said, in the latest update of Zorin, did most of these issues occur. Plus a lot of these issues are OS related.
They CAN put the keyboard over the start menu.
They CAN make hold click be right click.
They CAN make the keyboard appear when you type in a web browser.
They CAN fix the buttons because they were working just fine before the latest update.
They CAN make right click work with a mouse/pen.

These issues are minor and can be fixed. Yes I know it takes time, I do coding myself so I can relate. However I did not state anything impossible like making drivers work. They DID work. Most likely it's a bug with the latest OS that only someone like me would have.

Kind Regards
Azlan

Swarfendor437

Sun May 06, 2018 11:26:19 am

Hi, I am not a coder, but my best advice to you is to go to the Wacom Linux Project - perhaps they can shed more light on this? ;) :D