This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Firefox seems not fully supporting external appliance

jarkky

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:03:00 am

External appliance connection in Zorin Linux:
SONICWALL_LAYOUT_LINUX1.png
appliance displayed in Zorin

External appliance connection in Windows10:
SONICWALL_LAYOUT_WINDOWS1.png
appliance as displayed in Windows10

So it is quite clear same Firefox in Linux could not display some of the menus in the appliance.
But I have no idea why this happens...
Maybe some graphics modules are different between these systems.

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56:09 pm

"Browsers on Non-PC Platforms – Non-PC platforms such as Linux and Mac can access resources in a Windows domain through Samba, but do not have the concept of “logging the PC into the domain” as Windows PCs do. Hence, browsers on these platforms do not have access to the user’s domain credentials and cannot use them for NTLM."

Source: https://help.sonicwall.com/help/sw/eng/ ... ement.html

jarkky

Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:36:28 am

That might help to fix the menus. I might try.
But it looks too complicated to install and might slow down or crash the system.
Purely at the Linux mode there is no way to get it working fully.
I really don't know why browsers display the menus differently at different OS, but that seems happen.
Normally at least browsers should display the same HTML-code the same way independently of the OS.

The linux opera browser seems to output following error-codes when connected to the appliance:
[25951:26793:0820/110110.479942:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(947)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -202
[25951:26793:0820/110110.480382:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(947)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -202