This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Subfolder Support with Background Selection

masternetra

Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:07:45 am

For those of us with an abundant amount of pictures and organize them into subfolders can run into a bit of a problem with background selection if we organize our wallpaper images into a sub-folder and are setting it from settings. Would like to see either a option to select from else where and/or for folders to show up in pictures so we can navigate to it and select the image we want. Granted we can still just go to the file, right click and set as wallpaper, but still not being able navigate to at least a subfolder in pictures for a background makes the setting seem a bit lacking.

Aravisian

Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:26:17 pm

masternetra wrote:For those of us with an abundant amount of pictures and organize them into subfolders can run into a bit of a problem with background selection if we organize our wallpaper images into a sub-folder and are setting it from settings. Would like to see either a option to select from else where and/or for folders to show up in pictures so we can navigate to it and select the image we want. Granted we can still just go to the file, right click and set as wallpaper, but still not being able navigate to at least a subfolder in pictures for a background makes the setting seem a bit lacking.

This is an annoyance I have noticed as well.
Since I prefer the Lite (XFCE Desktop) version of Zorin, this problem is solved by using the XFCE Desktop instead of the Gnome Desktop.
Sadly, this is a Gnome desktop design issue and in my political opinion, Gnome has taken great strides in the past few years to reduce functionality.

Swarfendor437

Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:54:30 pm

Well thought I would have a search for:

"best app for selecting wallpaper from sub-folder in GNOME"

and firstly found this interesting nugget of information:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/993742/ ... me-desktop

which led to me discovering 'nitrogen':

https://www.blackmoreops.com/2015/07/10 ... -in-linux/

which might be a work around for what you are after - let us know, please! ;) :D