This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Forums Feedback

JRG

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:39:48 pm

The FAQ states...

"How do I change my settings?
If you are a registered user, all your settings are stored in the board database. To alter them, visit your User Control Panel; a link can usually be found at the top of board pages. This system will allow you to change all your settings and preferences."

I always login when I visit the Forums, but I have never found a link at the top of any of the board pages to anything resembling "settings" or "preferences".

Is there a way to set personal preferences?

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:33:57 pm

Hi, You have to click on the various tabs and side menu headers to look at the various settings once you select 'User Control Panel' which is on the left, top-right of the forum page once you are logged in. ;) :D

JRG

Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:59:29 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, You have to click on the various tabs and side menu headers to look at the various settings once you select 'User Control Panel' which is on the left, top-right of the forum page once you are logged in. ;) :D

Yes, I now know that. I discovered why I was missing the User Control Panel shortly after making this post. However, I could not see or edit my post because it was awaiting moderation.

The reason I had trouble is that the bar at the top of the page, ABOVE the Zorin Logo, is an exact match to my Firefox theme and it looks like it is part of the Firefox "stuff" at the top (window title, series of tabs, my Bookmarks Toolbar). Also whenever I scrolled up, I stoped once the Zorin logo is visible, so the controls were hidden. I now know better :oops:

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:39:18 pm

No worries friend. Only the first post requires approval. ;) :D