This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 15.2 released 5 March 2020

Aravisian

Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:25:54 am

I tapped in sudo apt-get dist-upgrade to try it out. Interestingly, on Lite, Thunar, and Whiskermenu were also "upgraded."

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:47:28 pm

Er hem! Actually:

Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
does not update the system - what it does is update the kernel and any applications that need to be upgraded as a result.

Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade
is what upgrade does! ;) :D

Your in good company Aravisian - Wolfman corrected me on this error too! :D

star treker

Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:29:30 pm

Too bad there is not a command to boost my immune system to block the possibility of getting Carona. However, I've been taking steps to maximize my ability to avoid getting Carona by staying away from people. Another thing that helps is washing your hands often or using hand sanatizer. And turns out, since other people know this, they have been buying out all the stock of hand sanatizer in stores. Turns out, the CDC claims you can make your own by using 60% in the pump bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol, and I guess 40% of Aloe Vera in the pump bottle, once mixed up of course in a measuring cup first.

Aravisian

Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:49:21 pm

That virus is highly contagious and spreading fast due to mismanagement and good efforts alike. It's a CoronaVirus much like many common viruses. So, it has a strong protein shell. Chances are, we are all gonna go through it like flu season. I admit, I have not bothered changing my habits any. Because even IF I avoid catching it (and building an immunity to it) on the first round, it will mutate and catch up to me later, anyway.

Thanks Swarf, I will try that.
And, I just did.
Nothing happened. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:24:48 pm

Probably because it came through the update route (standard):

Update.jpg