This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

dark theme is not well adjusted

quenyan

Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:13:35 am

so far, only the bluetooth and wifi icon not displayed properly on dark theme, other than that just perfect.

Aravisian

Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:38:15 am

quenyan wrote:so far, only the bluetooth and wifi icon not displayed properly on dark theme, other than that just perfect.

Would you be willing when you have some down-time to post some screenshots of that?
It may be an issue where the Icon Theme lacks the necessary icons.

quenyan

Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:58:43 am

Aravisian wrote:
quenyan wrote:so far, only the bluetooth and wifi icon not displayed properly on dark theme, other than that just perfect.

Would you be willing when you have some down-time to post some screenshots of that?

done! a complete list of missing icon on themes. can be see clearly from the comparison that bluetooth and wifi icon is very stand out from others.

quenyan

Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:01:32 am

just FYI, the Wifi is ON, and Bluetooth is OFF. The dark mode display between On and Off is slightly lighter or darker than the other state, vice versa.

Aravisian

Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:21:37 pm

quenyan wrote:
Aravisian wrote:

done! a complete list of missing icon on themes. can be see clearly from the comparison that bluetooth and wifi icon is very stand out from others.

I see what you mean; the icons are not well adjusted. It is not that icons are missing, rather so similar in color as to disappear in the background.
This could be rectified by using another third party complete icon theme... Maybe...

And why does it say adwalta instead of adwaita?

quenyan

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:35:02 am

Aravisian wrote:And why does it say adwalta instead of adwaita?

TBH, im not very fond of 3rd-party software unless urgently needed. as for the word Adwaita, i misread it haha, sorry.

Swarfendor437

Fri May 01, 2020 9:53:31 pm

quenyan wrote:
Aravisian wrote:And why does it say adwalta instead of adwaita?

TBH, im not very fond of 3rd-party software unless urgently needed. as for the word Adwaita, i misread it haha, sorry.

Your screenshot clearly shows Adwalta - not Adwaita:

Adwaita-dark.jpg

Aravisian

Fri May 01, 2020 9:58:38 pm

That is My mistake.

Swarfendor437

Fri May 01, 2020 10:02:00 pm

Aravisian wrote:That is My mistake.

:? - I thought the OP made the mistake Aravisian, not you - was wondering if he doctored the screenshots! :lol:

Aravisian

Fri May 01, 2020 11:20:30 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:

:? - I thought the OP made the mistake Aravisian, not you - was wondering if he doctored the screenshots! :lol:

Now I am confused LOL
The screenshot shows Adwaita-Dark.

The other photo- He added the labels to show which icons were for which theme.

When you said the above- I was thinking, "I didn't know that there was an "Adwalta" theme, too. I learn something new every day."
<Cough>
I think we need coffee. OR a beer. OR a Dr. Pepper. Something.

quenyan

Sat May 02, 2020 4:00:43 am

well, no matter what the name is, i just hope it is fixed on the next release. and may some one notify about it on this post on the future, i hope so.

Swarfendor437

Sat May 02, 2020 11:39:37 am

Aravisian wrote:
Swarfendor437 wrote:

Now I am confused LOL
The screenshot shows Adwaita-Dark.

The other photo- He added the labels to show which icons were for which theme.

When you said the above- I was thinking, "I didn't know that there was an "Adwalta" theme, too. I learn something new every day."
<Cough>
I think we need coffee. OR a beer. OR a Dr. Pepper. Something.

Ahhh! Elementary (not the OS, please not the OS!) dear Watson! :lol: