This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin computers

Ex_

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:29:13 am

All,
Anyone had any info on these? I wrote an email to the developer ~a month ago as I had a customer sold on getting one.

Never heard a word back...not even an acknowledgement of the inquiry.

Just curious.

Ex

Ex_

Wed May 09, 2012 3:56:44 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:I think, but not sure about this, prototypes were built round about version 4.0 of Zorin. Later editions of the Linux Kernel proved problematical in that for Laptops and Notebooks caused overheating - stressing components and battery alike - so can only second guess that this is the issue. It would be good for an update from the Devs but at present they are working hard to get 6 out running on Gnome3! Apologies to AZorin and zorink if I have got the facts wrong. Also due to current world global economic climate this could have been an issue as could agreement with Microsoft on dual-boot - personally would be happy with just Zorin on. Over heating is not just a Zorin issue but GNU/Linux 'per se'.

Hope this gives some help to you and your friend. In the meantime, enjoy Zorin!

Thanks for the reply, but in fact, lack of communication from the developer on issues like this are driving Zorin users away

Regards