This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Search function?

frits

Thu May 17, 2012 5:18:11 am

Type a word like "mint" in the search box and it finds nothing.

What do I do wrong?

Wolfman

Thu May 17, 2012 6:37:56 am

Hi frits,

you need to expand the search term somewhat with another word added or something like that. However, if there is nothing on the forum containing your main search terminology, you won't find an answer. Your search parameters may be too simple!!.

If you have a question about something specific, please ask in "Help & Support".

Regards Wolfman :D

frits

Thu May 17, 2012 7:30:53 am

Specific question placed, but i like to search the forum first before I open a new topic.

In the mean time in other topics I wrote things about mintmenu. Filled in in search: mintmenu but nothing shows up...?

I guess I am I not doing the right things to use the search system? Do I have to add "...." around the search word or something else?

Wolfman

Thu May 17, 2012 7:44:49 am

Hi frits,

your search will only show a result IF there is something on the forum matching your search question parameters, if there are no posts containing your keyword, there will be no result, simple as that!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

frits

Thu May 17, 2012 8:19:39 am

Tried : zorin lite. No result.

frits

Fri May 18, 2012 7:46:46 pm

Okay, that worked. Pity that a single word does not work. For me this is solved. ;)