This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS is the shiznit

crabbos

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:05:22 am

I've tested over 20 different distros during the last couple of months and Zorin is by far and without any doubt the best of them all. Zorin should be ranked way higher on Distrowatch...really. It's clean, it's beautiful and it's solid. It's now my Linux distro of choice on both desktop and laptop. Major props to the developers. I'll be singing praises of this OS on my blog here: http://www.aeglepc.antserve.com

Keep up the fantastic work. If I come across anyone who is interested in Linux I will most definitely point them to here. Absolutely awesome! (btw I'm using 5.2, didn't even know about 6 RC - how did I miss that??)

EDIT: just remembered the reason I haven't switched to 6 RC is because I'm waiting for a 64 bit version!

Wolfman

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:25:20 pm

Hi crabbos and welcome to the forum,

I just wish to make a small point about your blog about Zorin 5.2, it isn't based on Ubuntu 12.04 but on Ubuntu 11.04 Natty :D . Zorin 6 final (Non Lite version) is based on Ubuntu 12.04.

Quote from your blog page:

"I’m a bit wary about it though because there have been some major changes but it’s based on Ubuntu 12.04 so supposedly runs a bit faster than previous versions. I will be testing the Live version thoroughly before I replace my existing install."

End quote.

Regards Wolfman :D

crabbos

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28:07 am

Sorry about the error and thanks Wolfman for pointing that out. It has now been fixed. :oops:

I'm tempted to try 6 but 5.2 is just so darn good I'm scared to m ake the switch!