This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

my first impresion zorin 6

hawkman

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:29:25 pm

Hello using zorin from that came out version 5 to 5.2 I felt very pleased with their characteristics. Today after download and install zorin 6, I am afraid that I cannot say the same. Many of the details that make it different and pleasant in use was lost. I thinks that zorin 6 need more pollish. i am returning to Version 5.2 again and I think that i will wait 6 zorin "evolution " to more polished OS , perhaps in a version 6.1 or 6.2? I am still faithful to zorin for me has brought many satisfactions. I hope that the developer can improve this version. Perhaps to be fair in my appreciation of the fact that Ubuntu changed to Unity has made work very difficult for derived versions [ forks ]] adapt this new graphic environment . Should not be more easy adapt Mate? or any other graphic environment more simple? Thanks for reading me

hawkman

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42:02 pm

Well but it is precisely as i saw on youtube and i agree , Zorin 6 is based on gnome 3 or i am wron? - chek it! that detail , anyway try when the install do the same things as in Zorin 5 and i was unsuccessful. The only thing that attracts me and Zorin 6 is the long term maintenance or [ LTS ]. i i see Zorin 5.2 in advantage. In terms of setup and ease to customize' - my humble opinion .... i am using 5.2 writing this after uninstall 6 and reinstall 5.2 and i think i am not the only one who do the same action...sorry for my sincer. [apart] i am a power user of zorin in my day to day live. anyway is a matter of taste dont follow my way after all. [ to the community ]

Wolfman

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:24:14 am

hawkman wrote:Well but it is precisely as i saw on youtube and i agree , Zorin 6 is based on gnome 3 or i am wron? - chek it! that detail , anyway try when the install do the same things as in Zorin 5 and i was unsuccessful. The only thing that attracts me and Zorin 6 is the long term maintenance or [ LTS ]. i i see Zorin 5.2 in advantage. In terms of setup and ease to customize' - my humble opinion .... i am using 5.2 writing this after uninstall 6 and reinstall 5.2 and i think i am not the only one who do the same action...sorry for my sincer. [apart] i am a power user of zorin in my day to day live. anyway is a matter of taste dont follow my way after all. [ to the community ]

Hi Hawkman,

this may help you somewhat:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2054

Unfortunateöy the Gnome 3 devs have left out much that once was the body and soul of Gnome 2, until such times that they see fit to put back in most of the tools they took out; you will have to learn to use what tools we have available at the moment!!.
Dconf Editor and Ubuntu Tweak are really all we have at the moment, I have added as much as I can in the guide, if you find something that may be of use to people, please post it!!.

Regards Wolfman :D