This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

My Zorin Experience Thus Far

nomad117

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:25:52 pm

My PC itself has seen much internal ware-and-tear. Being so inexperienced and reckless with browsing the web, I've encountered many viruses, downloaded many programs, and played for long periods of time :oops: . I got my PC back in 2010, and early this summer, my hard drive broke, so I needed a new operating system. Long story short, I found Zorin to be the most appealing of all the distros out there, with its boasting of most windows-like OS out there.

Zorin, Linux in general, has been a whole new experience for me. Zorin just feels so new and fresh, and not to mention fast, reliable, and good-looking. The whole idea of Zorin being a community project, and that we are all taking part in forming this great OS, is what really gets me into Zorin. With Zorin, I'm more interested in what makes up my OS, and not just what programs it can run. This OS has made me interested in scripting again, in hopes one day I will be able to contribute to the community; this includes Launchpad, Play On Linux, and several others. Windows just seems generic compared to Zorin. I'm loving every minute of Zorin :D .