This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Update Center?

kidx86

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:28:45 pm

I was wondering will we ever see a software center made for this a custom one where we can download updates directly from you,I really don't wanna mess up my install and when it goes out of date it will be useless I just wanna get my updates from you safely with out hassel also would like to be able to update from older versions of zorin os to the recent version like Trisquel does.With that said and done why not offer your tech support in the store why not make a custom store.I know so many people that want to get into techsupport in linux but don't have the exposure this zorin os could be the way maybe.Also maybe you guys at zorin os can work on making Windows games Nativley in Zorin Os I heard of programmers converting software from windows to Linux.I really like your os its easy to work with but gets out of date due to the update issue if you guys had your own update center this could fix it.I also wanna see more game support from windows you guys rock.

kidx86

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:26:50 pm

well iam looking to if you guys have a seperate update center,Updates now are at your own risk Trisquel is base on Ubuntu and has done this ijust wanna update to 6 from inside os others have already accomplished this on Ubuntu FYI.

kidx86

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:25:26 am

The whole point of using Zorin os is so i don't have to reinstall so you think i should reinstall once a month or so witch i should not have to and Trisquel is an Ubuntu reboot already has updating in it like i describe but they control you so you can only get free stuff, They have a custom update centre but that would be nice for Zorin cause i am not going to reinstall every 6 month or earlier just to see 2 updates also what about security this is why we have updates for security Linux is not virus prone.

kidx86

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:31:32 pm

why not have it update and upgrade in the os others have done this using Ubuntu reboot as i said and gave examples and everything revolves around money.

Deacon

Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:39:10 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, the current software center is one of the worst parts of new Ubuntu BUT... what if there were a way to combine the old software center like this, create a repository like so, and change update manager for security based updates? (Yeah, I wouldn't begin to know where that is) Zorin Group isn't making a profit off the SC as it is anyway (if they are then yeah, that would be pointless), and then you could add whatever software you want to it anyway.