This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

First day with Zorin

david7307

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:49:37 am

I have been with Ubuntu since 8.04 up till 10.04
when i moved to 11.what ever number and from there i have really been in the wilderness of linix discos tried mint back to ubuntu put windows back on laptop put windows back on main computer dual booted ubuntu till the other day when i did an update and it just felt wrong i was not enjoying it any more
saw zorin so what the hell loaded free one don't think i will go down ultimate road, i have seen ultimate 3 not the Zorin one i think its called and to much eye candy and more programs than i will ever use,
so i loaded up zorin and liked the look liked the feel
Loaded up Firefox downloaded winff tried it out it worked top job boys and girls
All i need now is a program that will join MP3 together
So if ultimate has one and i can load it right over the top of what i have great

Wolfman

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:30:02 am

Hi david,

what exactly do you mean by join MP3 together??, if you mean support for MP3, firstly make sure you have the "Medibuntu Repo" active for the codecs and make sure you have your system up-to-date.

There are plenty of MP3 players available, Amarok, Clementine and Rhythmbox to name but a few.

system update:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

Medibuntu:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1852

Important is to install the "non-free-codecs" package for codec support.

A general post install guide:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2054

Regards Wolfman :D

david7307

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:34:48 am

I have audio books and there are over 30mp3 files and i would like to join together then to just make one mp3 file

Wolfman

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:15:32 am

Hi David,

use any of the players and create a "Playlist" and save it to file.

Regards Wolfman :D

Auldyin

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:59:08 am

Hi David

Have you tried Audacity available from the Software Centre :?: :?:

I used it a few years ago to edit cut and join pm3's made from cassette tapes also using Audacity.

Cheers Auldyin

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

david7307

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:03:31 pm

Auldyin
yes i have used Audacity but its a bit messy to use
when you have 30mp3 to shift the string gets a bit long ,thats if i have been doing it right
its no big deal just shift the tracks i want to join to my laptop and do it on win7 i still have to run win7 for my gps updates any way

david7307

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:52:06 am

i was happy with Zorin free i have bought the zorin ultimate its not that i need all the programs just like to help out and hope thy keeps up the good. work .