This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin is very outdated, needs updated iso

zorinluver00

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:25:45 pm

This is supposed to be for people coming from Windows, well it's not.
400 and something updates and in order to get them you need to boot Zorin is recovery mode and takes about an hour or two to fix itself. People from Windows won't care for this and move on.

Wolfman

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:26:07 pm

Hi,

agreed that the ISO needs to be updated but the updates problem is an Ubuntu thing and this is why there are announcements and guides to help cure the problem.

Typical of Ubuntu to release another OS without first solving the problems of the previous version!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

zorinluver00

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:39:32 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

agreed that the ISO needs to be updated but the updates problem is an Ubuntu thing and this is why there are announcements and guides to help cure the problem.

Typical of Ubuntu to release another OS without first solving the problems of the previous version!!.

Basing Zorin off Fedora might be the best thing

Wolfman

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:51:40 am

Hi zorinluver00,

I cannot really agree with you about Fedora as they are based on different packaging systems (Fedora = Redhat and Ubuntu = Debian). Although I favout ubuntu over Fedora, I don't like Debian itself, I always have a problem with something or the other!!.

I am just trying out Ultimate 3.4/3.5 and I like what he has done, I also tried U12.10 and there isn't much in the way of improvement at all, Ubuntu in my opinion should slow down and release a new distro only every 2 years so they get it right!!.

david7307

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:41:37 am

Wolfman what do you find so good in ultimate? what has he done?
i used ultimate once and thought way to much eye candy.
iam not trying to run ultimate down, i know it sounds that way,just wondering

Wolfman

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:01:25 am

david7307 wrote:Wolfman what do you find so good in ultimate? what has he done?
i used ultimate once and thought way to much eye candy.
iam not trying to run ultimate down, i know it sounds that way,just wondering

Hi David,

I just like some of the "Eye Candy" and the fact that you don't have to do to much in the way of installing software, yes there is a lot of stuff installed that I would never use but I find it is a good complete OS.

eagle531

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:06:45 pm

Can someone tell me how i can uninstall zorin 6 tried using wine to install paltalk and wine always encounters problems i give up on ubantu windows much user friendly and easier to install apps.

Wolfman

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:09:27 am

Hi,

there is a section here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601

If you are having trouble, you can always ask the forum for help!!.

kidx86

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:02:34 pm

have you tried Debian that's a decent os base for a distro many use it. Also I believe you can update it on ya own you can make a custom kernel and have better support for it after all kernels and support for the distro is what makes Zorin tick. Another hint Ubuntu is debian based so once you go the debian route you will never look back plus I my self would like a cleaner and more smooth distro to game on and this distro always seems to run smooth but version 6.1 has hickups and I know it is not you guys its Ubuntu.Also why put your distro in ubuntu's hands your depending on ubuntu to release updates why not go and make a distro from Debian and make it how you want I am sure we all can wait for a decent distro.

kidx86

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:22:29 am

Well to make a decent distro means to code your own Kernel and yes a more clean kernel would be nic with less error really.