This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 6 Rocks!

fxaddict

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:55:32 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop in and brag on Zorin OS 6.

I had tried several Linux distro's prior to Zorin. They all seemed to be more work making them work than it was worth although I really liked linux. So I ended up just staying with Win 7 until I found Zorin. My Win 7 began crashing way to oftem so I decided to try Linux again. I tested 20+ distro's and all of them had some issue with my hardware or something because they would all crash. Zorin was my final attempt. To my surprise, everything just worked after install. No tweaking to get my printer working or my front audio jacks. The only thing I have done is the Firefox whiteout fix and installed the Nvidia driver. Now i have the OS I have been wanting all along. I have been spreading the word that this could be the winblows killer to all my friends.

Thanks for a great Linux OS. Keep up the great work. I will be donating.

Fxaddict

Deacon

Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29:11 pm

I agree 100% with the poster above. Yes, Zorin is a fork of Ubuntu but it's a logical next-step progression. I've been a Linux user a long time. Not only did I almost give up on it on Friday night, but finding this OS has been an epiphany that has since made two happy Zorin users out of a desperate Linux user and a Windows user.

Thank you.

The second I have some available, I will send money for support.

genexxa27

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:47:12 pm

I have to agree with the you guys. This OS actually works on my system. And i didn't really have to add any drivers or major tweeks for it to work. I am a very happy camper!!!! I really impressed with the thought that went into this distro. Kudos to all the developers on this project.

JGC

Sat May 25, 2013 10:37:45 am

I agree, I tried several other distros and none did it for me.....
Hardware support in other distros is lacking.....
Zorin is awesome!!!
I too am spreading the word.

Pierre

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:58:07 pm

been using Zorin 6 LTS for a short while now,
& it is very similar to other Ubuntu based O/Ss.
- I've had to add some things, that are no longer supported in the latest versions
of Ubuntu, & which always seem to have dependency issues.

I quite like the Zorin look changer & the Zorin browser manager,
which are both a great idea .