This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 6. lite

Willyinpr4u

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:14:53 pm

How you all doing here, it has been a while since I log in.
I've seen a lot of different thing in the forum as in the Zorin 6 as well.
I have been a Zorin user since the Zorin 5, and I felt in love with it, even thou I am still learning al the commands from Linux and stuff like that.
So not too long ago I came back to Zorin, ( my MB fried and I took the oppportunity to test out others OS).
First off, I noticed that one of the best feature of Linux, Compiz, does not work out of the box. And even thou I manage to get it to work, I get then a bug in which this icon (X) in the browser disappear. So I have to revert back without Compiz.
Another thing that I noticed is that if you change your look to Mac OS X, and you try to minimize the browser, you just can't, if you hit the minimize icon, the dash (-) it will close the browser, so if you are multitasking, and you need to minimize iitfor any reason, you will be closing the browser and loose whatever you were doing.
If I'm not mistaking, there was a start up widget, in which you could modify whatever you wanted to start from booting, that is gone.
Well, I have to go and do some chores.
Would I still keep using Zorin? Of course, I consider these some bugs, I guess! But it still one of the best Linux distro out there.
Would I recommend Zorin? A redounded YES!
Am I willing to pay for support? I think that if you guys are taking time to work with the OS, and help us out, why not? After all, running a server cost money, so I consider you very well deserve it.
BTW, I have the Zorin 6. installed in a desktop that I build.
Please do not take this feedback as a negative criticism, but more as a positive feedback.
Thanks guys and have a great day.