This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Feedback on Zorin 6.1 - all versions

insanidee

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:17:14 pm

I've just installed 6.1 over 6.0 and...yuk! The flicker....the desktop panels...the icons...the hassle. I should have suspected when trying to figure out a good download location w/an accurate md5 was not as easy as it should be. Not sure I ever did. Granted, I may not have done all my homework, but it really shouldn't be this hard. At least, that part shouldn't be. Especially since I'm not new to Zorin. I've re-installed numerous times before w/o all these issues. Nvidia was never an issue before - why should it be one now?

I moved to Zorin many months ago b/c it was supposed to be an easy transition from MS and, though it was a huge learning curve, I jumped that hurdle. However, If the current version was the one I would have started with...well, nuh-uh. Nope. No way in hell. Though I've learned a lot (and I LOVE learning and figuring out this stuff) I've about had it w/this one. I'm over it. Too many issues. "Ain't nobody got time for that!" I don't want to abandon, but I'm looking at other distros now.

Please forgive my venting, but I needed to. And the people that created, or opposite-of-upgrading (? words left me) Zorin, should want to know what people are thinking. There's probably a better place to put this comment, but I don't want to click much b/c of the flashing...it's bad (seizure inducing for some people). Feel free to move this wherever it needs to go.