Feedback your experience of Zorin 6.2 (all flavours) HERE!

Re: Feedback your experience of Zorin 6.2 (all flavours) HER

Postby granul » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:02 am

I installed Zorin Ultimate 6.2 and it's working very nicely. One suggestion, it would be nice if we could personnalized the color of the dock, changing it to other color than grey or get full transparency.

Thank you for this nice distribution
granul

Postby iflyun » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:36 pm

I just discovered this os and am quite pleased. Having a dock standard with no other menu bars is rare in a linux os.

Just from first glance I think the system tray icons could be better matched with the theme. Power button in two places is silly and I wasn't able to change the start menu user icon when running off a usb stick (live). I created a new user and changed the icon but it didn't apply to the start menu. Anyway thanks for the new distro, I will keep a close eye on this one.

ps. I also like how chrome is default :p also something most other distro's are scared of.
iflyun

Postby johnvelster » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 am

Hello to all; i just a new user of linux (like 1 month ago), and i choose Zorin OS, cause, in other distro had a confuse,
installing Compiz, i just happy with Zorin OS 6.2 core, certainly,the process of downloading takes like 6 hours!!!; but
Zorin amaze me. worth it!! Now im trying to shows the OS, to all my family and friends in order to meet Zorin; the first impression
to me, is the OS is very friendly with users that comes from Windows and its really faster, thats all, greetings from Latin America and
congratulations toall the work group of Zorin, and excuse my english here we spoke spanish; hasta luego parceros!!! :mrgreen:
johnvelster

Postby phelgan » Tue May 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi All,

Zorin 6.2 Core

Installed it on my new PC about a month ago now, after trying it on a dual boot system with Windows XP.
It worked very well on the dual boot PC and, given the Windows 7 like feel would make a good choice for the less adventurous members if the family.

Unfortunately I seem to be having a lot of stability issues with it - programmes often closing without warning, occasional system freezes and the now irritating "Sorry, Ubuntu 12.04 has experienced an internal error" (ironically, this dialogue has just popped up in the middle of me writing this!). In 30 minutes on the PC today I have had one freeze, one programme closure and one "internal error" (presumably prompted by the programme closure?).

I will shortly open up the case to check there is nothing daft, like a loose connection (hoping....), otherwise I might have to reinstall or move on to something else :(

Regards,

Phil
phelgan

Postby Wolfman » Wed May 22, 2013 5:44 pm

phelgan wrote:Hi All,

Zorin 6.2 Core

Installed it on my new PC about a month ago now, after trying it on a dual boot system with Windows XP.
It worked very well on the dual boot PC and, given the Windows 7 like feel would make a good choice for the less adventurous members if the family.

Unfortunately I seem to be having a lot of stability issues with it - programmes often closing without warning, occasional system freezes and the now irritating "Sorry, Ubuntu 12.04 has experienced an internal error" (ironically, this dialogue has just popped up in the middle of me writing this!). In 30 minutes on the PC today I have had one freeze, one programme closure and one "internal error" (presumably prompted by the programme closure?).

I will shortly open up the case to check there is nothing daft, like a loose connection (hoping....), otherwise I might have to reinstall or move on to something else :(

Regards,

Phil

Hi Phil,

take a look here and follow the guide then get back to us should you have more problems:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D
Regards Wolfman :D

Kindness is something the blind can see and the deaf can hear :)

Preparation and planning prevent poor performance! :)

Free Ubuntu User Manual: https://ubuntu-manual.org/
Wolfman

Postby phelgan » Fri May 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi All,

Just to say that since opening case and checking connections all has behaved itself :oops: Okay its only been a few days but a positive sign. Funny, 'cos none of the connections appeared to be loose.

Thanks Wolfman, I'll look at that but hopefully will not be issue now (am I tempting fate with that statement?).

Phil
phelgan

Postby lorian » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:41 pm

I did not know there is a specific topic for 6.2, thus I opened a new topic for my experience of ZorinOS 6.2.
However, IMHO, Zorin needs a special theme to be replaced with Ubuntu default theme. there is many theme. Nevertheless, I think emerald can make Zorin more near to Windows 7.
The software wine alone does not help at all, It would be great if some of the default Windows software such as Microsoft Office and ... Been installed on it by default. This can be presented as a new spin of Zorin. You can install Microsoft Office by default and user can enter his/her license key to the Microsoft office program after installation.
lorian

Further feedback

Postby phelgan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Just like to say that my problems did seem to mostly down to a dodgy SATA cable, since replacing I've had very few hiccups.

Still getting to grips with Linux, but one the whole, Zorin is proving a good choice (though it does have a habit of showing its underwearwith references to Ubuntu popping up quite often!).

Thanks for the helpful pointers on the forum all.

Phelgan
phelgan

Postby phelgan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:14 am

I am exploring the joy of owning a Raspberry Pi, so am experiencing Raspbian. Also thought about trying Mint. At the moment though, getting the family used to a Windows-free PC, so not going too mad.
phelgan

Postby kenetics » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:04 pm

I've been testing Zorin Lite (Ver. 6.2) on my Asus EeePC900. I put it on an SDHC card and it's working very well. It's the first distribution that has run this well on my netbook, besides the various Puppy versions I have been using, and it runs nearly as fast (Puppy loads entirely into memory).

I installed Zorin directly to the SD card from Linux Mint on my desktop computer, with Grub and everything, without resorting to Unetbootin and it ran fine from the card. Zorin automatically detected the battery status and CPU temperature of the netbook, which showed up on the task bar. The wireless card was also detected and connection was easy.

I installed Open Office, as I have some protected spreadsheets that I use with Dropbox. No problem with that as the SD card is 16GB (class 6), so there is plenty of room for additional software. I guess I should read the post install thread next, to get some tips. :)

I'm tempted to try Zorin 7 Lite, as I heard that it uses even fewer resources than 6, and my netbook only has 512 MB memory. It would be nice to compare the two. However, 6.2 is running without a problem so far.

Ken
kenetics

Next

Return to Feedback