This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

really diggin the os

Kelroth

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:29:28 am

it's really well thought out and smooth, installed it and it "just works".
been using it since waiting anxiously for each and every update to test it out (i started using it around when Z.OS3 was still quite new)
there are however a couple of things that i've always had issues with. 2 zorin related entirely and 1 just ubuntu based.

the two things i've had "issues" with if you can call them that are.
1. sometimes there are suddenly two or none gnomemenu/start buttons (this seems to have stopped in core 5)
2. sometimes inside the gnome menu there are 2 of each, like another one starts where the other ends. (2 internet folders and so on...)
(3. something to do with the flash player in web browsers, can't have many youtube tabs open at the same time because the videos will just become black and unplayable. some kind of buffer problem for the flash or something? This doesn't seem to be as much of a problem for f.i. Watt OS and non gnomey oses.)

Otherwise though really diggin' it. oh and that new windowsbutton+left/right/up. nice touch...

Kelroth

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:52:11 am

huh, odd.
Well thanks for that revert tip,
Oh but since i made that post i did find that the screensaver didn't work. so i dumped the original screensaver and put up xscreensaver, that works just fine.

maxmm5

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:41:55 pm

Hi Kilroth, Issue #3, you need Flash-Aid on your browser, how nice to view the Linkin Park video on youtube after installing the plug-in (even on full screen (full screen according to youtube)) . http://www.webgapps.org/add-ons/flash-aid. It will delete your old plug-ins and install the version that was suited for your machine automatically. Enjoy...