This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Forum doesn't show by date order..!!

Uzi

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:53:54 am

Guys,

I found this an issue. The various boards do not list by the most up to date posts. Makes it very difficult to find the latest info.

For example - I posted a new thread about Firefox Bookmarks. The main board index shows it as the latest entry under 'How To's'

Board.jpg

But when you click on it, I cant find it on the list:

Index.jpg

Yes, I know I can click the little square on the right of the post listing 'View latest post' but most visitors wouldn't look for that. My post should by at the top of the board - Sticky's excepted of course.

Uzi.

Wolfman

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:21:29 am

Hi Uzi,

if it isn't classed as a "Sticky" which is something the mods can do, it will be placed near the back, it will remain as the last post added but as soon as someone else places a post, it will be on page 4 or 5 or something like that!!.

The Stickies take preference over other posts as they are considered more critical, this is not to say that yours or any other posts are less interesting!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Uzi

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:36:12 am

Posts #1 & 3 on the list are not Sticky but still show higher than mine. My post does appear on page 4 and has Sticky topics after it.

Stickies should not crowd out the member questions. Someone needs to do some consolidating to reduce the quantity or keep them to a sub forum.

Just my 2 centavos.

Uzi.

Wolfman

Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:09:18 am

Hi Uzi,

I should have explained that the term "Sticky" is sometimes written in the topic title but not in all of them, the decision to brand a topic a "Sticky" is done on merit/value of the topic thread, this is not to say that any one forum member is shown any particular preference over another member although it may appear to do so, I recently in fact deleted one of my own "Stickies" as another forum member had written one on the same theme and theirs was simply better than mine!!.

The forum does need a cleanup and I believe that a new "Look" for the forum is planned in the not too distant future which should be good for everyone.

Regards Wolfman :D