This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Frustrated linux user

joomy

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:51:31 pm

Puppy Linux, 250 megs, browser works, flash video works, sound works, email, bitorrent all work without any messing about.
Zorin 8 , could`nt login as user that was created during installation it just booted into guest user? Could`nt create another user,
no admin priviledges, browser did not even work as guest user so the installation was a complete waste of time and 1.6 gig bandwidth.

I`v considered in the past to buy your premium Version having used your OS 7 and liked it until some thing broke? Sound or flash I can`t
remember, there`s so many reliable Linux distro`s out there why would I was time trying to fix your bugs, " try reinstalling this, uninstall that"
just to get an OS to work doing basic jobs. So Zorin 8 OS was a was of time for me.

You should give me free access to a premium version for wasting my time and DVD.

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:00:51 pm

Well 8 is only short term (ends July 2014 - just like the core Ubuntu it is built on 13.10). You could wait until 9 comes out and see if that meets your needs! :D