This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Risk of Dual Booting Zorin

kcm68

Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:58:24 am

Be very careful of dual booting Zorin with a laptop using Windows Vista. If not happy with Zorin,I was unable to access the internet. No problem before Zorin installed. Zorin CANNOT be uninstalled. Yes there are suggestions elsewhere on this site, NONE of which work. REPEAT, Zorin once installed, can only be uninstalled with someone highly trained in such matters. During my attempts I also lost my windows installation. So now, thanks to Zorin I have NO internet access.

In a just society, anyone designing such a distro should face the wrath of the justice system.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:16:35 pm

Hi kcm68, I assume if any retribution is going to be meted out then this would include M$ for Vista! :D
People who are not sure about what they are doing should use Clonezilla or Acronis to backup their systems on a regular basis - regardless of what system is in use. There are plenty of guides on here to assist but we don't (like any other distro) have access to peculiarities of different systems. Perhaps this could become a video tutorial for me to tackle in the future but I can't do it with Vista because I skipped that OS like the plague - the only OS by M$ not to beat ME into first place for the worst designed OS to come from that stable!