This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Dropbox and Home Networking in Zorin

zoringroup21

Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:41:25 pm

Lately it was reported, Drobox is having Linux problems, there are tons of "suggestions", seems, nothing works for sure.

https://www.google.com/#q=Dropbox+Linux+problems

Also, plug-n-play home/office networking in Linux is still a dream.

If you, folks, focus on these two problems for the next edition of upgrade, you can win the world....

Dropbox and Home Networking in Zorin will make it instant winner in distro wars.

Thank you for the finest experience with Zorin (until Drobox stopped).

"Notify me when a reply is posted" is checked, will be back as Dropbox is implemented.

We are in publishing, Dropbox Upload/Download status indicator is critical. We are switching back to Windows on Monday to have normal working ;-( environment.

And tonight we give a try to:

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Communic ... 1209.shtml

"As far as we know, Arch Linux is the only distribution to offer the latest version of the Dropbox client for Linux. So we suggest to install a user-friendly Arch Linux-based operating system, such as Manjaro, if you want to enjoy the features brought by the latest Dropbox releases"

almost forgot! - Weather Indicator

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:13:04 am

For better time you need digital clock - weather applet appears to be a continual bug - if you need these two items, then the best way forward is to install Cairo-Dock - it adds Cairo-Dock DE (Desktop Environment) to the cog above and to the right on the login box:

My setup on Pear 5 with Cairo-Dock:

http://vimeo.com/97363158

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:36:32 pm

Hi, if you install Ubuntu Tweak:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7857#p38028

Drop box is now in 'New Apps'! :D

16.jpg

zoringroup21

Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:54:01 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, if you install Ubuntu Tweak:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7857#p38028

Drop box is now in 'New Apps'! :D

16.jpg

It worked in zorin 9, never failed, (for last month or so) if to install it from Software Center too!

;-)

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:54:16 am

Hi, must have misinterpreted your postings elsewhere - I thought because it was not included in the distro you were having some issues! :D

zoringroup21

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:15:00 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, must have misinterpreted your postings elsewhere - I thought because it was not included in the distro you were having some issues! :D

It was Correct - in Z 8 and all below DropBox stopped working after some updates.

in Z9 it works flawlessly.

ckrles

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:06:01 am

Hi, I also have a proble, with dropbox in Zorin 9. I install it and enter my username and my password, and it works, but my problem is with the dropbox icon at the bottom on the right, ext to the clock and the speakers volume control.

When I push the button the options don't unfold, that is, I can see a tiny tiny bar, wich is the a quarter of a the height of a line. I'm using Windwos 7 look. However, if I switch to Windows Xp look it works fine. Then, I come back to Windows 7 look and it keeps on working fine showing all the menus, BUT, when I reboot my pc the problem is there again.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the problem continues. Any solutions?

Thank you guys.

Swarfendor437

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:46:57 pm

Hi, no guarantees, but try saving the AWN Panel theme when it is working and try loading that next time things go wrong! ;)