[ STICKY ] Zorin OS 9 Core RC and Final Feedback !!!!

Re: [ STICKY ] Zorin OS 9 Core RC and Final Feedback !!!!

Postby dainiusxt » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:50 am

Sorry for slightly OT, but can't find answer by search: maybe already known date of "Light" release?
dainiusxt

Postby Swarfendor437 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi, no idea on that one - you could try and PM AZorin and zorink to see if they have a proposed release date? ;)
https://vimeo.com/user15592214
https://trisquel.info/
https://www.opendesktop.org/member/257685/

Machine: ASUS X470-PRO, AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8 Core, 16 Gb RAM, ZOTAC Geforce GT1030 (2 Gb)
Swarfendor437

Postby itsgauravjain22 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:22 am

In India, the internet speed to slow & people dont have permanent internet speed...thats why people hesitate to install linux.. zorin made easy for people to migrate..but still linux including zorin lack just a substitute of .exe file... I tried install .deb files but those gives some dependencies error when we are offline...so instead of focus on improving look, linux team should focus on basic functionality of installing softwares easy (without any dependencies error or any other problem)... Just to install vlc..you should have fast internet on your pc..or laptop...(vlc team dont give .deb file) & many other teams dont give even .deb file Now coming to specific zorin os: 1) It must have vlc out of box..rhythmbox is great when i compared resources they used...but it dont have 16:10 aspect ratio (& many more that vlc offers) & vlc is easy to use for many more people as they are used to it.. 2) Libre office is great but you dont included libre math package preinstalled out of the box..that is must...& i like WPS (formerly kingsoft office) more easy to use for a microsoft office user..So instead of libre office, WPS should come preinstalled... 3) Its better for a zorin team to give customised .deb file so that we can install software in offline pc also... 4) Google chrome should come preinstalled...
itsgauravjain22

Postby Totolanio » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:04 am

Zorin 9 all the bugs from Zorin 8 disappeared it looks like. No more AWN completely stuck (and I don't even know yet how to restart it), no more maximum 4 files opened in GIMP otherwise AWN crashes etc...

Few little bugs which were quickly resolved.
Maybe a little slower to start but it's still awesome.

Well I'm happy with it !

PS : dunno where to suggest that, but Hedgewars should be installed automatically on Zorin because it's so fun and works very well on Zorin 9 (on Zorin 8 it had a bug)
Totolanio

Postby DarkReverser » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:35 am

Wish List
-less compatible but higher res capable generic display driver available from live cd
-copy to ram
-chrome instead of firefox since it can run 720p video flawlessly on generic display driver and the latter can't
DarkReverser

Postby Zorina » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:38 pm

Hii I'm speaking for Ultimate if I may do in here.. :geek:
I love Zorin and my favorite is the lite version..soooo smootth on 1 gig Ram.
Video editor Gimp maxthon browser everything can run at once with cairo dock, people can't belief it..it's my pleasure.

BUT this is about Ultimate
and I think it's OK very stable..BUT there are things disturbing me, like the mount and unmount for USB/externals.
It should not disapear after unmounting...it should still be visible as every other disk..so I can remount it .
KDE does this very good only there, the side panel is to crowdet.
I have 9 visible windows partition, which Zorin is handling just great.
I also do love that I can open every hidden and system admin file like system volume..
and common files ! and delete things easy, like I could never do in windows itself! Aswel those stupid "dead" windows links..I can click my way through, when I'm on Zorin.
Damn I love that.

Another thing to say, the the onboard settings-should be listed under all settings too ..
All the tweaks should be visible in line there. . this makes it easier for new people..also KDE does that great.
KDE..OMG ..this is high..very high custom build. ..I only tried it today this early morning like 3 hr.
Still I prefer Zorin cause KDE was a little unpredictable sometimes ..call it buggy.

I'm 3 month now on Zorin. When I first heard the name I thought is has potencal that's why I invested the 10 euro..
I will gladly donate more when i got a little extra.
When I found Zorin I just spendet money for antivirus the new emsisoft (does not slow down pc at all)
and east-tec eraser..and so on,I have a lot of tools installed. only to keep windows smooth (very time consuming too).
But tools which I need to work with are installed on a portable stick.
Still Windows 8.1 (I'm running it for 4 month now) The system used 40 GB just for it selv, and I can't stop it.
But I liked it better than win 7 ...Than Zorin came around and really impressed me.
.. not because it's more like windows..this is the least I await from Linux. or Zorin..but compatibility, smoothness,
It' a fast package
one more thing! Ultimate should have the "dconf editor" installed already..to turn desktop icons off..it took me a long time to figure that..
cause on Zorin light it is just under desktop preferences to find..so easy..I don't know if core has it..but Ultimate should have
and Core not :mrgreen:

Now Windows is aiming on Holo now.
A small app of course and buggy for sure , a video which is following on a wall (who needs it )..
I believe Linux is the better OS for that..Not just that but real HOLO.

If I would have known the big changes after 2005 in Linux distros, I would have ditched this trash hole (windows)
years ago already.
:ugeek:
Zorina

Postby Zorina » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:58 pm

4) Google chrome should come preinstalled...

NOOO way, google stuff should never be preinstalled..firefox is fine !
BTW be glad that Linux is not going with exe files..cause they all get stuffed with pups...1 dollar per pup that's big money..
if you have enough of this on your computer...there will be no internet fast enough anymore..just mention..
think what is the smaller problem ?.
Linux should never become windows...nor google sorry mate :geek: :roll: :idea:
Zorina

Postby itsgauravjain22 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:08 am

Zorina wrote:

BTW be glad that Linux is not going with exe files..cause they all get stuffed with pups...1 dollar per pup that's big money..
if you have enough of this on your computer...there will be no internet fast enough anymore..just mention..

Yes i understand google chrome shouldn't come preinstalled but chromium should be there.
& i am not talking about direct support of exe file in linux but there should be an alternative to exe or dmg in linux through which we can install the desired software in one click or in single line without any internet connection & without dependencies problem
itsgauravjain22

Postby Wolfman » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:59 am

itsgauravjain22 wrote:
Zorina wrote:

Yes i understand google chrome shouldn't come preinstalled but chromium should be there.
& i am not talking about direct support of exe file in linux but there should be an alternative to exe or dmg in linux through which we can install the desired software in one click or in single line without any internet connection & without dependencies problem

Hi,

if you download any .deb package (32/64 Bit, all.deb); you can install it using Gdebi!. Only download .deb packages if you can!.

See the post install guide and this section: "Tweak Tools and single package manager: Which includes Dconf-Editor, Tweak Tool (AKA: Advanced Settings), Ubuntu Tweak and Gdebi ":

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054
Regards Wolfman :D

Kindness is something the blind can see and the deaf can hear :)

Preparation and planning prevent poor performance! :)

Free Ubuntu User Manual: https://ubuntu-manual.org/
Wolfman

Postby Swarfendor437 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:11 pm

OK, not had issues with LPR printing on the now dying i865 - recently purchased an all-in-one that has multi ink tanks - Whilst I love Zorin as an OS I was concerned that it is struggling with the new MG7500 - sure I got the printer drivers installed which it has picked up but I have just installed using the same driver packages (allbeit from the Asia source but the same packages!) and installed on MakuluLinux 10 "Aero" Beta and the Printer works straight out of the box. If Zorin 10 fares better then I may be tempted to ditch the Long-Term Support version of Zorin if I can't print to the Pixma MG7550! :-(
https://vimeo.com/user15592214
https://trisquel.info/
https://www.opendesktop.org/member/257685/

Machine: ASUS X470-PRO, AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8 Core, 16 Gb RAM, ZOTAC Geforce GT1030 (2 Gb)
Swarfendor437

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback