This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

File manager

itsgauravjain22

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:22:20 pm

I think zorin should make dolphin as default file manager instead of nautilus...
Problems in nautilus:
1) I tried changing the permission of my ntfs partition & it just revert back to previous state in natilus...
2) I have all my music organised in different folders..now there is no option on right clicking folder to open with rhymbox or vlc so that i can play music contained in the folder
3) In zorin, there is no problem in samba sharing a folder...i tried in ubuntu 14.04 & sharing button is greyed out in nautilus...

Dolphin can do all of the task that nautilus can do, & also these extra problems are also resolved..So i think Dolphin should be the default file manager in zorin..

daspicer

Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:59:05 am

You can install Dolphin, with all of it's dependencies, and use it if you like.

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:38:03 pm

Another favourite would be Thunar which on a poll I spotted outstripped dolphin! As for ntfs, if this is Windows 8 then you need to turn off advanced power settings - also have you made sure that 'file sharing' is enabled in Windows for the files concerned with full access rights? If on the same machine, you should not need samba but it might make a difference. Zorin has ntfs3g support that allows reading and writing to NTFS - the only time this will not work is if you have the power options enabled as I have already stated or Windows does not shut down cleanly - i.e., forced shut-down. :D