This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS is great......well done Zorin team

liviococcia

Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:41:08 pm

Hello All
I'm just posting to say thanks for creating Zorin OS, the moment i watched a great review of it on Youtube, i'd new i found a something special, and didn't even wait to try out the 'Zorin Core 5 free' download .ISO i had just made, but just went straight to the 'ultimate' version webpage and purchased the DVD of it.

For the time being I'm running the 'free' version on an external USB 100 Gig hard drive, through a Macbook, i followed the 'Custom' install process setting up the 'root' (/) and 'swap' partitions on the external drive, then i let Zorin's installer do it's thing... and voila !!, after a reboot using my 'Plop OS' boot disk (i don't use reFIT) and showing a brief 'Grub' error message 'hd0 out of disk' there was Zorin loading the desktop in all it's glory.

I had no problems connecting to my wireless router, with no surprises or errors on anything so far..GREAT!!, it's almost 'Windozs 7' plug and play compatibility (WASH my mouth OUT!), without the virus or malware risks.

I've always like Linux in it's user friendly 'GUI' forms, it's nice to see this distro 'upping the ante' getting better and better all the time, and, although i'm only just learning to navigate and use the 'Terminal' commands, i do think things might be moving further away from it's use which for me is a positive move, i'm definitely one who does struggle to remember a command that was told to me if i've not made a specific note on what it's for, so thanks forum 'members' for any future help you may show me.

Kind regards
Livio