This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Wow!!! Impressive.

smartypants7777

Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:48:19 pm

2 weeks ago I spent 7 hours. Yes, that's right 7 hours, to install XP Pro, drivers, software, and move files from my Imac OSX to the Dell. (Sick of Apple and Microsoft's c***) But as usual XP had errors, but system was usable.

This morning I back up important customer files and watched the slow process. Being sick of junk operating systems, I decided why not give that Zorin DVD a try.

I have a Dell Precision 490. It is running 2 Xeon dual core processors, Nvidia FX3450 video card, 4GB ram, Sata 10K hard drive, Sound Blaster HI-FI sound card. Using this for business, Needless to say, I was on the verge of panic at the thoughts of installing Zorin or any other Linux Distro. Would my accounting software run? Would my Excel documents work? Would it work on the Xeon's? Would it work with the FX3450? Wanting the most stable version I used OS3.

Took less than 2 hours to install, get all updates, install two printers, move all files, and everything I had on OSX and Windows works perfect!!! The accounting system I use is GnuCash for windows and to my amazement GnuCash for Linux opened the Windows GnuCash files and was to the dollar!!! Itunes music, no problem. Nvidia driver, found on its own when enabling effects!!! Printer drivers, did it in seconds!!! Totally Impressed.

ogbikerdude1958

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:09:37 am

I just started sing it today myself. A TRULY GREAT DISTRIBUTION-TOTALLY AMAZING! :D