This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

how do i change taskbar style to windows 7 with text?

GadesGallione

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:08:01 pm

I've never been a fan of this "let's bundle up everything on the taskbar to save space" GUI style.

I am old school and like to read, so how do I do the following:

a) Force it to create a new taskbar icon for each single instance of any given application that I open?

b) Force it to show the text of the title bar like Windows 7 gives you the option to?

c) And yeah actually I'm one who likes to make the taskbar big enough so there's enough room for two rows' worth of applications on it.

If you're not sure what I mean, I can go boot up another Win7 PC and take a screenshot. I've been poking around, scanning documentation, still not sure how to get it exactly the way I described.

Appreciate help thanks.

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:04:40 pm

Hi, I know what you mean - but I don't think the height allows two rows - just makes the icons bigger. You may want to add something like 'Documents' which groups open bits together? Try Cairo-Dock DE or Docky - you may have luck - can't say as at work on Win7! LOL!

GadesGallione

Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:03:26 pm

Alright, can try that tip but the two rows of icons is not as important as the first thing I want to do.

I'm having such a hard time with my GUI workspace here on this OS without ungrouped icons, and without text labels.

I'm just so accustomed to it. If I can't get the text labels then I'd at least settle for ungrouping the icons. I open 3 chrome windows, I want all 3 icoins showing on my taskbar. :)

This hover > find window functionality is just so inefficient for me.

Edit: While I'm here, if the admin reads this then please for the sake of everything on the Internet, use MyBB's phpBB importer and switch to a better system lol.

Yeah I can be nitpicky but at least I mean well - but phpBB wow makes me feel like I'm in an internet time warp lol. (yeah i love zorin pls dont ban me)