This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Cursor and Backgrounds

Ozay34

Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:08:21 am

Just upgraded from Zorin OS 9 to 11 yesterday and am pretty satisfied with it so far. One thing: there's no place to turn down your mouse sensitivity with a GUI? Just found that a little odd, I'm getting used to it so its not a big deal, but I figure that would be a necessity in a GUI based OS. Also, in Zorin OS 9, there was a default background you could chose that would get darker as the day went on. Is there a way to get that background on Zorin OS 11, or a similar time-based one? Thanks for making my Linux experience great Zorin!
PS. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place or used the wrong terminology...

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:28:01 am

I think you may need to install 'dconf-tools' but no guarantees this will sort the issue:

Open a terminal and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools
- this will install 'dConf Editor' under System Tools.

You look down the left pane and look for something like gnome | org | desktop | peripherals | mouse and change the settings there.

As for time-changing wallpaper I never knew that existed in Zorin!

(sent from Win 7 PC)

Ozay34

Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:20:21 pm

Thanks, that helps with the mouse sensitivity! Anyone know what I'm talking about with the background?

MBMz10

Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:43:13 pm

Wallpaper cycling, try;

CompizConfig Settings Manager, "Utility" section on the left hand side then look under "Wallpaper" I think that's what your after.

(edit) I just re-read your post and see that you mean something a little different regards wallpaper than what I have suggested above. I never knew about this "time changing" wallpaper in OS 9 either but do recall using something like "Wallch" or something like that but can't remember what settings it gives. Found this http://melloristudio.com/wallch/

Also regards the Mouse Speed, are you using a wireless mouse? I have the same issue and have discovered that plugging in a Wired USB mouse brings up the Speed adjuster in: System Settings > Mouse and Touch Pad, it even happens live in real time, go to the mouse settings and plug in a USB wired mouse and the adjustable slider appears. It does work with another wireless mouse that I have but my newer mouse and keyboard (Logitech MK 270r) use the same USB Receiver in the computer and this does not get recognised.

Hope this helps.

Swarfendor437

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:52:05 pm

MBMz10 wrote:Wallpaper cycling, try;

CompizConfig Settings Manager, "Utility" section on the left hand side then look under "Wallpaper" I think that's what your after.

(edit) I just re-read your post and see that you mean something a little different regards wallpaper than what I have suggested above. I never knew about this "time changing" wallpaper in OS 9 either but do recall using something like "Wallch" or something like that but can't remember what settings it gives. Found this http://melloristudio.com/wallch/

Also regards the Mouse Speed, are you using a wireless mouse? I have the same issue and have discovered that plugging in a Wired USB mouse brings up the Speed adjuster in: System Settings > Mouse and Touch Pad, it even happens live in real time, go to the mouse settings and plug in a USB wired mouse and the adjustable slider appears. It does work with another wireless mouse that I have but my newer mouse and keyboard (Logitech MK 270r) use the same USB Receiver in the computer and this does not get recognised.

Hope this helps.

Hi, just a comment about Logitech - they don't appear to support GNU/Linux at all! :( ;)