This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

What Zorin based distros do you know of?

VoodooMystic

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:01:57 am

I know of 2 (technically 4) distros that are spins of Zorin OS. The more interesting one is Sundara OS. It's from Indonesia from the looks of it, and it has a modified Look Changer application which adds Windows 10, 8, Mac OS X Mavericks, and El Capitan looks. Now, the other one I don't remember the name of, but it was made for CAD purposes or something like that. It has some pre-installed stuff, but nothing too interesting. The most different of the small bunch would be a Zorin 6 respin made by somebody. It's customized to the max, and looks almost nothing like the original. The last, and least interesting one, is a modified Zorin OS 6 Core without PAE (can be found on Sourceforge) Anybody else know of any Zorin based distros? I'd love to know of more.

Swarfendor437

Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:33:27 pm

Well I don't know how Zorin would feel about that - I think Pear OS may have come unstuck for using their proprietary web browser manager! ;) :D

VoodooMystic

Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:05:45 am

Oh, I'm sure he wouldn't be too happy with somebody piggybacking off of his success. I don't blame him! I downloaded this "OS" and it had all the programs the Ultimate version had, and it's normally a different language, though it can be changed with some commands. I would probably never use it as a daily OS. I just don't feel comfortable doing so, because for all we know, a backdoor / keylogger is in there.