This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

new release LTS 2016

Hensyr Wolf

Sat May 07, 2016 4:27:55 pm

Has the Zorin development team already a date in mind to release the new LTS for 2016?

Swarfendor437

Sat May 07, 2016 8:08:23 pm

Hi Hensyr, I have not heard anything - I am guessing based on previous releases it is likely to be summer and as others on here somewhere have commented on bugs in 'buntu 16.04 on which 12 will be based could well influence whether it is sooner or later. ;) :D

I certainly don't see it coming out before end of support for 11 and don't forget 9 is supported until 2019.

Hensyr Wolf

Sat May 07, 2016 9:30:09 pm

Ok, I will only look forward eagerly to the new release this summer ;) :P

Maybe they release te new LTS in August or September ;) :)

Maerskian

Wed May 11, 2016 12:51:40 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi Hensyr, I have not heard anything - I am guessing based on previous releases it is likely to be summer and as others on here somewhere have commented on bugs in 'buntu 16.04 on which 12 will be based could well influence whether it is sooner or later. ;) :D

I certainly don't see it coming out before end of support for 11 and don't forget 9 is supported until 2019.

Not just mere bugs ... but also some mistakes implementing snap & making ZFS avaliable when they are not ready for end users at all... and doesn't look like they'll be until next Ubuntu, given they need to implement some other technologies that will take a while to be fully operational.

It's a pity, but this LTS has the worst part of rolling releases and none of its advantages :/ .

James tobin

Mon May 16, 2016 1:07:38 am

anywhere i can get a report of how they are coming along so far? that would be interesting to read

Swarfendor437

Mon May 16, 2016 8:22:09 pm

The Zorin brothers and their devs will announce the release as and when ready - if the main distro is as bad as others have been reporting it could be a good while yet! ;) :D

Better to have a stable release than something that goes pear-shaped (Ahhh how I miss PearOS!) ;) :D

2guntom

Tue May 17, 2016 11:50:47 pm

Hensyr Wolf wrote:Has the Zorin development team already a date in mind to release the new LTS for 2016?

Also curious :)

I'm hooked on Zorin 11; love the new colors

James tobin

Wed May 18, 2016 12:10:30 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:The Zorin brothers and their devs will announce the release as and when ready - if the main distro is as bad as others have been reporting it could be a good while yet! ;) :D

Better to have a stable release than something that goes pear-shaped (Ahhh how I miss PearOS!) ;) :D

haha, I see what you're saying. I was wondering if they give any reports about how they are coming along. Maybe I'll get to view their journal when they're done. Always wanted to get to have reports of how software development comes along. I hear it gets to be like real life for many people: sometimes extremely depressing when you cant figure out but and sometimes very exciting when you finish a module :D

James tobin

Wed May 18, 2016 12:10:53 pm

also sorry for late reply i forgot to subscribe topic :o